NL Holdem $0.50(BB) Replayer
      SB ($41.96)
      BB ($51.25)
      UTG ($116)
      UTG+1 ($50)
      CO ($56.17)
      Hero ($51.44)

Dealt to Hero 9:spade: A:spade:

fold, UTG+1 raises to $1.50, fold, Hero raises to $4.50, fold, fold, UTG+1 calls $3

FLOP ($9.75) Q:club: T:diamond: 8:diamond:

UTG+1 checks, Hero checks

TURN ($9.75) Q:club: T:diamond: 8:diamond: 5:spade:

[color=red]UTG+1 checks, Hero ?

Any thoughts on flop play? turn?
  • 3 replies
    • ttjjboy
      ttjjboy
      Platinum
      he opens a lot in utg? is that the reason u 3bet him ?
      and we need some information abt his calling 3bet range...
      generally speaking , the board is too ugly to cbet
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello w1z4rd,

Not the best flop to Bet cause too many hands have hit there and he ain't folding any made hand. Therefore Check behind flop & turn. :)

Best Regards.
    • w1z4rd
      w1z4rd
      Bronze
      @ttjjboy I have no information about the villain other then that he has full stack and that he has disabled his search, which leads me to believe that he is unlikely to be a random fish. My 3bet here I think is pretty standard given the fact that if I flat I risk letting the blinds squeez and my hand is not that great versus his UTG range anyway, but I hold a blocker to AA and AK so he's continuing range is quite small, plus even if he continues I have a decent hand postflop.

@veriz I agree flop is so so bad AK will never fold the flop here, TT-QQ which might be the other hands he flats have hit quite big, as played I delayed Cbet the turn and got x/r rather big, which leads me to believe he had a strong holding, TT,QQ I doubt he x/r KK or AA in this spot I think he goes for a call down with those hands if he doesn't lead them on the turn for value.

Thank you for the evaluation,
      W1z

Edit: in red