stats:
      37/20/191h
      40 steal btn
      1/2 foldtoresteal
      1/2 foldto3bet
      65 foldtocbet
      1.71 af
      33 w$sd

Preflop: I 3bet because he opens just 2x and he can do this with a wide range. Should I really fold here? Or even consider calling because KT vs wide range of fishy oppo is really strong?

Flop: I think check/call here is best because there aren't a ton of bad turns + There ain't many worse calling.

Turn: What to do if he calls the flop? I would have barreled and probably shoved because check/fold would look rly weak though he folds a lot to cbets. So don't really know.

3 important points here.

Poker Stars $25.00 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 1965874
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

Hero (SB): $26.21 - VPIP: 17, PFR: 14, 3B: 6, AF: 3.6, Hands: 525656
      BB: $25.00 - VPIP: 37, PFR: 29, 3B: 8, AF: 1.5, Hands: 68
      UTG: $25.00 - VPIP: 24, PFR: 21, 3B: 7, AF: 4.0, Hands: 72
      MP: $13.93 - VPIP: 18, PFR: 10, 3B: 1, AF: 3.1, Hands: 220
      CO: $26.10 - VPIP: 21, PFR: 15, 3B: 9, AF: 0.0, Hands: 84
      BTN: $14.58 - VPIP: 36, PFR: 20, 3B: 7, AF: 1.7, Hands: 190

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is SB with T :club: K :spade:
      3 folds, BTN raises to $0.50, Hero raises to $2, 1 fold, BTN calls $1.50

Flop: ($4.25) 4 :club: T :diamond: Q :club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.50, BTN raises to $5, Hero folds
  • 7 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Farmarchist,

Preflop: I don't really understand your 3bet here at all? What's the purpose of it? I am eager to hear your thoughts.

As played
      Postflop: Well, ask yourself why did you 3bet preflop? :) Weren't you 3betting for value which means a lot of weaker Tx hands even in his range and also many draws. If he calls the flop then clearly you should know what you going to do, what was the purpose of CBetting in first place? :P

Best Regards.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Well, I have even difficulties to say what my purpose was lol... I mean, I had to do something.

Preflop: I don't really understand your 3bet here at all? What's the purpose of it? I am eager to hear your thoughts.

I 3bet as a bluff. It's a hand I really want to have in my bluff3betrange. If I would know the guy calls a lot to 3bets I would just fold. The info I had back then was that he folded 1 out of 2. So I can try and see how he reacts.

Postflop: Well, ask yourself why did you 3bet preflop? Weren't you 3betting for value which means a lot of weaker Tx hands even in his range and also many draws. If he calls the flop then clearly you should know what you going to do, what was the purpose of CBetting in first place?

Because it was a bluff I should probably play check/call now. Though it is close here because there are a lot of hands which connect with this board so we can also bet flop and bet turn. Don't really know what is best...
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Well, I have even difficulties to say what my purpose was lol... I mean, I had to do something.

:f_cry: Really good reason... :D

I 3bet as a bluff. It's a hand I really want to have in my bluff3betrange. If I would know the guy calls a lot to 3bets I would just fold. The info I had back then was that he folded 1 out of 2. So I can try and see how he reacts.

Well, it's not really about either how he adjusts. He clearly isn't a good player, just take a look at his stack. ;)

Because it was a bluff I should probably play check/call now. Though it is close here because there are a lot of hands which connect with this board so we can also bet flop and bet turn. Don't really know what is best...

Then should also avoid those spots and not put yourself into them. :P Betting = we are betting for value aka we assume to be ahead. Checking could also induce him to bluff with weaker hands and most likely he is going to Check behind the turn if he is rather passive.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Allright so if I get it right we should:

1- Fold Preflop because the hand still isn't good enough to call and play OOP nor to 3bet for value. We also don't have enough of FE with a 3bet.

2- Bet flop/Bet turn as played cause his range might still be wide and he can call really loose on such a drawy board.

Ty!
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Farmarchist
      Allright so if I get it right we should:

1- Fold Preflop because the hand still isn't good enough to call and play OOP nor to 3bet for value. We also don't have enough of FE with a 3bet.

2- Bet flop/Bet turn as played cause his range might still be wide and he can call really loose on such a drawy board.

Ty!
      Nope, we can easily just call preflop and play it postflop. :) 2. version of course can also be played Check/Call and let him bluff with weaker hands to avoid get raises if the guy is also more towards aggressive player.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Great! Interesting hand for me :)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Farmarchist
      Great! Interesting hand for me :)
      Great to hear. :f_cool: Those hands improve also the thinking process.