LAG problem..

• windar021
      windar021
      Bronze
      I have some questions here.. I think Im having a problem playing OOP so much like BLINDS, and EP.. specially when facing a raise from BU against LAG or loose passive fish and I got lets say AJ+.. Let me give some examples here..
      ex.
      1. a raise from LAG BU, and Im holding A10+, KQ- here I always wanted to 3bet since I know Im ahead of their range.. but doing this will bloat flop and give me bad spot on playing post since I know I`ll be called pre..
      2. a raise from LAG BU, and Im holding PP- not sure if its ok to setmine or just play it aggressively..

Here`s what I do now that I think is causing me problems when I get a BU raise from a LAG, or Loose passive one.. I normally just flat w AJ+, KQ type of hands cause I know that by 3 betting Ill get call anyway and will have to invest money again by cbetting OOP.. but the more problem is whenever I do this and hit TPTK or TPGK.. Im not sure If I should donk? If I donk and got raised what the hell would I do?? or maybe just lead/broke on this spots, c/r, or c/c?

I find it more easy when facing a BU raise from reg, or TAG.. cause I know that they normally just steal and will fold to a 3bet..

pls help me guys here..
  • 4 replies
    • breena
      breena
      Bronze
      Just 3 bet them you will be supprised even though they may have a low fold to 3bet their BU & CO range is so wide they will have to fold alot of it.

If you hit TP or draw just blast 3 streets & AI on river, sometimes you will have to be willing to 5bet shove vs these guys or fire on scare cards pre but calling these hands pre is pretty bad IMO

If you play with this mentality that I have TP lets get all the money in 3bet pots can play alot easier than single raised ones sometimes as theres not so much hand reading
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      its a really villain dependent situation. but if you genuinely think you are ahead of villain's range, then bloating the pot is exactly what you want - because he is putting money in when he is behind. if you have AQ and you bloat the pot thinking you're ahead and hit an A, you are laughing because villain will pay you off with a weaker Ax.

that's just an example, but i suggest learning exactly why we want to play a certain way. why do you want to 3bet? why do you want to call? what do you think each villain will do with different parts of his range? does he 4bet or fold? does he call IP? it's extremely dependent and there is no one answer. sometimes calling is best, other times you absolutely have to raise. but i don't think you can go wrong 3betting such hands from the blinds.
    • zilltine
      zilltine
      Bronze
      Only thing you can do is to get better post-flop.
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Hey there,

which games are you playing? Tournaments? Cash games? FL? NL? There are different tactics in different games, so it's an important factor ;) .

-SF