BB: $1.00 Unknown
      UTG: $2.00
      MP: $1.24
      CO: $0.93

Hero posts SB $0.01, BB posts BB $0.02

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.03) Hero has Q:heart: J:heart:

fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.06, BB calls $0.04

Flop: ($0.12, 2 players) J:club: 7:diamond: 9:diamond:
      Hero bets $0.08, BB raises to $0.22, Hero?

PF: I bet here for value and also as a bluff to get some of his weak Kx and Ax hands to fold.

Can assume that an unknown could call with a wide range of hands here.

F: I have top pair with a good kicker on a very draw heavy board so I bet to gain value from weaker Jx hands and maybe some 9x hands as well as protect myself from any possible draws. When BB raises me here, we could give him the following value range {J7+,77, 99, JJ+, 79, 8T} and possibly some semi-bluffs {QT, XdXd, and maybe 7-JX hands with a diamond}.

Strategy says to re-raise when we hold at least top pair w/ good kicker on a wet board but we are not fairing too well against his range here. Could this be a spot to variate from strategy and fold?

Questions
      • Does your decision change if you hold KJ or AJ instead, and why does it change?
      • If you find a fold with AJ, how would you play QQ+ and why?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Raknyo,

KJ/AJ just basically has bigger chance to be vs smaller Jx, isn't it? :P That easy is poker. :D

Either we find fold here or not depends against what kind of player we are playing. He is playing just with 50bb so he may as well raise here with weaker pairs/draws. :) So conclusion can go broke and at the same time can be folded if we think he is passive.

Best Regards.