NL Holdem $0.20(BB) Replayer
      SB ($24.35)
      BB ($29.70)
      UTG ($20)
      UTG+1 ($20.20)
      CO ($15.10)
      Hero ($20.08)

Dealt to Hero A:heart: Q:heart:

fold, fold, CO calls $0.20, Hero raises to $0.80, fold, BB raises to $2.60, fold, Hero calls $1.80

FLOP ($5.50) 8:heart: K:spade: 5:diamond:

BB bets $2.40, Hero calls $2.40

TURN ($10.30) 8:heart: K:spade: 5:diamond: 4:diamond:

BB bets $4.80, Hero folds

BB wins $9.79

BB:

On flop he cbets frequently, so could cbet with air which could be in his 3bet range. With backdor equity I have probably call this and reevaluate the turn.

On turn he most likely is betting for value, so I have to give up.
  • 10 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello SPeedFANat1c,

If you expect him to be giving up on the turn often enough and trying to exploit his leak this way then sure, we are able to float the flop, especially with some backdoors.

Best Regards.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      If he would not bet this turn - should I bet when I do not have the FD?
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      yes, if you assume he will c/f a lot of the time then we just have an immediately +++EV bet.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      yes, if you assume he will c/f a lot of the time then we just have an immediately +++EV bet.

Lets say he has KQ. Would he bet this turn? He might check to induce because not much worse will call. ALso he could do the same with AK. But on the other hand he should fold 99-QQ. So I think I agree.
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      yeah that's well possible, but then your flop play was a mistake in terms of range construction.
      you have pretty much nothing, you can't call the flop profitably with nothing if you don't expect him to c/f the turn a lot of the time

if you don't want to bet (almost) any turn, then it's better to just fold (or raise!) the flop
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      (or raise!) the flop

This will be suspicious. On such dry flops we usually do not raise with good hands. But he should fold his underpairs still. But for the reason that we dont' raise with made hands there - I do not bluff raise.
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      you are right, but it's quite rare for nl25- people to have the guts to calldown/3bet you with nothing even if they feel that you don't rep anything :f_biggrin:

that said, i think folding is slightly better than calling with the idea of betting any turn, raising is the worst option
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by SPeedFANat1c
      If he would not bet this turn - should I bet when I do not have the FD?
      Do you expect to make any better hands to fold by doing that? What's the purpose of the float on the flop?
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      Do you expect to make any better hands to fold by doing that? What's the purpose of the float on the flop?

I think he folds underpairs, so yes. And purpose of calling flop was because he might have air, I have backdoor equity and some outs to beat underpairs or KQ.

The question is how manye underpairs is he having there.With 99-TT he can call preflop. So JJ-QQ only left which I could force to fold. Those is good to force to fold, but I don't need him to make fold air on turn, right?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by SPeedFANat1c

I think he folds underpairs, so yes. And purpose of calling flop was because he might have air, I have backdoor equity and some outs to beat underpairs or KQ.

The question is how manye underpairs is he having there.With 99-TT he can call preflop. So JJ-QQ only left which I could force to fold. Those is good to force to fold, but I don't need him to make fold air on turn, right?
      With just one bet? Not really, most likely also have to figure out betting river as well. Though the guy clearly could even turn Kx hands into bluff cause he may understand that he ain't getting called from worse.

At the same time he doesn't have full JJ/QQ range which he 3bets for value cause some people just play with them passively.