$11,39
      UTG+2:
      $4,95
      BB:
      $9,94
      MP2:
      $4,75

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.53 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with Q:club: , A:heart:
      4 folds, MP3 calls $0,10, CO folds, Hero raises to $0,50, 2 folds, MP3 calls $0,40.

Flop: ($1,15) J:spade: , 5:club: , 9:diamond: (2 players)
      MP3 bets $2,00, Hero raises to $1,54 (All-In).

Turn: ($4,69) 8:diamond:
      River: ($4,69) 2:spade:

Final Pot: $4,69

And a little statistics in the end...
      This is my 3rd loose today, and my 3rd post. I've played about 300 hands, lost about $7 and not 1 win. It's more than 1,3K hands alltogether and I'm stil at $50. I thaught I'm doing something wrong, cause I'm not very good in English, but every time you say well played. If I continue to make money like this I need to play 130K hands more to go to step 2 of BRM (NL25) :(
      Can you give me some adviceses or opinions?
  • 8 replies
    • DeKuip
      DeKuip
      Bronze
      You should fold this hand on the flop.
      When they talk in the articles about less than half of the pot, they mean that without the bets from opponents on the flop.

Here Villain is betting into you and you only have 2 overcards, which is by far not enough to call this bet.

I shouldn't be too worried about still being on $50.
      As long as you play your best game, you'll win later on.
      It's variance, sometimes you win, sometimes you lose even if you play your best game. That's poker and that's the luck factor.
      The SSS is just here to make that luck factor insignificant after playing enough hands.

Just keep on playing your best game and posting your hands and you'll easily reach NL25!!

Good luck!
    • Oly0909
      Oly0909
      Silver
      Tnx DeKuip,
      there is probably more missunderstood things and it's no wonder SSS is not working.
      I guess I'll just keep posting my loosing hands and hopefully learn the strategy correctly one day :)
    • dallievas
      dallievas
      Bronze
      Hi Oly0909,
      DeKuip explained as always very good.You should fold because you have thrash hand on the flop and with trash hand you do cbet/push(if have little remaining stack) in 2 situations:1)only one opponent in hand and he checks to you or you first to act(but in this situation is worth to know some stats like wts,fold to cbet 2)you have decent draw+overcards (more than 9-10 outs).
      You can push overcards regardless what opp is doing when pot is 2 times bigger than your stack.
      I recommend you to see sss video and visit Leo258 sss coaching.
      Good luck :) and i wish you patience.Patience is a key virtue in SSS and sometimes in other poker. :D
    • Oly0909
      Oly0909
      Silver
      Originally posted by dallievas
      You can push overcards regardless what opp is doing when pot is 2 times bigger than your stack.
      Pot was $1,15 + MP3 bet $2 = $3,15 and I have $1,54. Thats why I thaught I should push. Tnx for recommendation.
    • DeKuip
      DeKuip
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Oly0909
      Originally posted by dallievas
      Pot was $1,15 + MP3 bet $2 = $3,15 and I have $1,54. Thats why I thaught I should push. Tnx for recommendation.
      You can't count the bets from Villain in this situation.
      But even then, you make a small but important mistake in your calculation.

The pot is $1.15 and MP3 bets $2.
      But you only have $1.54 left, that means you can also win only $1.54.
      $2-$1.54 = $0.46 will automatically return to MP3.

So the calculation should be: $1.15 + MP3 bet $1.54 (because you can't win more than your current stack) = $2.69 .

And $1.54 isn't half of $2.69 anymore now.

But once again, I don't think this rules applies when people start betting on the flop already.

A small example:
      You're holding 2 overcards against 3 other players on the flop.
      All 3 of them move all-in and you see a $10 pot and your current stack is $1.50 . Would you move all-in here too? I don't think so :)
    • Oly0909
      Oly0909
      Silver
      I want to thank you again DeKuip because I find your posts very helpfull, but I must say I would really wont to here from the judge this time cause I don't quite agree with you.
      I think it's definitly my mistake here but only because I've misscalculated it as you said (for me the pot is $2,69 and not $3,15 as I've calculated), but in your example I'm not shore... reward wold be great if I hit something, and I have 2 overcards, and backdoor strait Ace high...
      Can judge say something about example as well?
    • DeKuip
      DeKuip
      Bronze
      I'm also curious about the judge's opinion here.
      But the point is if so many people raise all-in, they're probably so far ahead of you already.

My statement is not based on knowledge I'm afraid, because I've never read this somewhere. But it's more based on experience. I've been in these situations often enough and I've posted some of these hands of course. I can''t recall somebody ever said to push after Villain's bet because the pot was 2x the size of my stack.
      If you're right, you found a leak in my game, which I'll be very thankful for :D

So I also would like to know what the judge got to say here :)
      Bronze
      Hi guys,

I'm afraid it does not work the way Oly0909 describe it! The pot size applies to the pot after previous round. It's not like when calculating pot size raise :) .

So in the hand it's just a fold. No way to stick into the game if you didn't hit.

And about the bankroll thing: 1.3k is definitely not a sample. I had a -$1000 swing like a month ago which went for a 10k hands or so and I still need to blame variance (or I don't know how to play and therefore teach you wrong, but that would be cruel ;) ).

So, you can easily have like +$50 swing in next 1.3k, just go for it and try to impreove your game constantly.

Good luck at the tables!