500k Tournament

• flypoker001
      flypoker001
      Basic
      Hello people,

There is a tournament which i would like to enter with a prize pool of $500,000 guaranteed.

Now i am not the best of online poker players. the entry for this tournament is $515.

I'm guessing there will be around 500-600 people who will be involved in this.

Is there a strategy for me to use for these type of tournaments. this is the first big tournament i will playing higher than 50 dollar buy in.

I am not sure if i should just pay for just the entry for the tournament or if I should Enter the satellite tournaments which will provide me a free entry. any suggestions?

Also right now i have around 100 dollars in my bankroll and i do not really want to deposit more, any suggestions on how i can raise 415 dollars in 28 days? :s_evil:
  • 14 replies
    • paaaaau
      paaaaau
      Bronze
      I have a solution for your problem :

1. Go play $100 buy-in husng and win.
      2. Go play $200 buy-in husng and win.
      3. Go play $300 buy-in husng and win.

Not only you will be able to enter $500 tournament, but also you will have $200 for future tournaments.

That sounds like a descent plan to me.
    • flypoker001
      flypoker001
      Basic
      thanks for the advice, one question.

how should i play in these tournaments? is there a specific strategy for each tournament?
    • mattisks
      mattisks
      Bronze
      have the best hand in the end :coolface:
    • meepwn
      meepwn
      Bronze
      Stop asking strat questions and do it. I mean, they are barely going to help, and making just one mistake in a crusial moment will render them useless.
    • Asaban
      Asaban
      Not sure if your questions is serious at all - I hope it isn't.
      If it is my only advice would be: don't play tournaments that are out of your BRM as well as your skill level by far. It leads to nothing...

It doesn't make sense to play such a tournament unless your bankroll is at 100k$ or more.

According to the pricepool you should expect at least 1k runners btw. I would guess that you will face even more in most cases.

Regards,
      Asaban
    • Tampaloeres81
      Tampaloeres81
      Bronze
      Just go for it. The rush you will get from those kind of tournaments is awesome :s_cool:
    • flypoker001
      flypoker001
      Basic
      lool my strategy is normally wait for pairs or high Ace cards and raise or go all in.

but sometimes i lose to people with 7 5 or 8 6 because they decided to call the all in.

and would bluffing be successful against players of that level.

and i hope the adrenaline of 500k tournament will be good
    • zumpar
      zumpar
      Bronze
      :facepalm:
    • flypoker001
      flypoker001
      Basic
      loool im new to poker, i may need coaching or some advice. i cant access most articles because i dont have enough points. which i do not understand
    • bradomurder
      bradomurder
      Bronze
      time down the maximum amount and fold every single hand from the start except AA and KK, which you shove. You will almost certainly make it to the money. If you've done it right your stack will be quite small when you get to the money. Then you shove every hand EXCEPT AA and KK, these you limp/call down with to max value.

From there you just hope to get lucky
    • Atoks
      Atoks
      Bronze
      Originally posted by bradomurder
      time down the maximum amount and fold every single hand from the start except AA and KK, which you shove. You will almost certainly make it to the money. If you've done it right your stack will be quite small when you get to the money. Then you shove every hand EXCEPT AA and KK, these you limp/call down with to max value.

Zomg that's exactly what I do most of the time! I make ITM at least one out of 5 times!!
    • Asaban
      Asaban
      Hey guys,

I don't want to see any further leveling/trolling/spam in here!
      As hard as it is: Please do only post if you have some constructive feedback.

@OP:
      If you are really looking for advice you should start playing the micro buyins up to 1$. The 180 or 90men MTSNG's on Pokerstars would be the best idea to start building a bankroll. Stop thinking about tournaments with buyins that are far away from your comfort level.

I would recommend to start playing at one of our partner sites to be able to earn strategy points and get a higher status. Afterwards you should have a look at the available articles, videos and coachings. This will help you to improve your game and climb up in stakes. The most important thing when playing tournaments is bankroll management. 200 to 400 average buyins should be the minimum. The exact number depends on the tournaments that you play.

You may find further information on our partner sites here:
      http://www.pokerstrategy.com/online-poker-rooms/

The points system is discribed in this article:
      http://www.pokerstrategy.com/status-points/

If you have further questions feel free to ask.

Regards,
      Asaban
    • Agiz19
      Agiz19
      Bronze
      its better if your only goal is to have a buyin in account for that tourney go play 27.50 $ double shootout satellite , usually 2 seats are gtd i think, and there are not many entrants. otherwise i would recommend you use those 100$ and go play smaller tournaments and until you have enough dont play higher, just in case you get AA 3rd hand and lose it and you have nothing left it sucks. And if you dont want to deposit build your BR first, or qualify via satellite i mentioned above. and sunday 500 is the one of the hardest tourneys in the online world, 80% people are good tourney regs and to get in the money it takes 6h or more.... but in the end do what you want :) GL
    • Agiz19
      Agiz19
      Bronze
      Originally posted by bradomurder

this is very dumb and nitty :f_biggrin: unless your plan is to get into the money and not winning.....or having 3 buy ins in account ?(