[NL2-NL10] NL4SH - AK - preflop line

• muel294
      muel294
      Bronze
      Preflop: I have a few hands on villain but the sample was still too small to reference his Fto3bPF or 4b stats. Given his LAG stats and the afct that he opened from the CO here I felt inclined to 3b/broke for value preflop, although I still don't feel comfortable going broke preflop with AK.

Do you think it would be okay to play 3b/fold here with AK and get it in with QQ+ in this type of spot if I am unsure or would you just prefer to flat OOP if I don't want to 3b/broke pre? Although villain is loose I don't know whether he is capable of calling or 4b'ing worse yet.

Flop: plan was just bet/broke here F and most T. What do you think about bet sizing? Made it 2/3 due to board texture and he can have AX :club: . Not sure if villain has too many worse hands that will pay me on this flop. Pretty much KQ and AX :club: . Should this affect my sizing? Maybe make it 1/2 pot so villain can call F with weaker PP's and so on.

PartyGaming - $0.04 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 5 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: $4.15
      SB: $4.13
      Hero (BB): $4.65
      UTG: $1.46
      CO: $10.70 30/20/6/8/21/131 hands - LAG reg

SB posts SB $0.02, Hero posts BB $0.04

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.06) Hero has A:heart: K:diamond:

fold, CO raises to $0.16, BTN calls $0.16, fold, Hero raises to $0.66, CO calls $0.50, fold

Flop: ($1.50, 2 players) 9:heart: 5:club: K:club:
      Hero bets $0.95, fold

Hero wins $1.43
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

I agree that 3-bet/shove is the best line here with AK.
      Postflop I would bet 0.76$ and shove at any turn card- if you bet larger then he can´t really float and also he would likely fold worse hands than Kx or flushdraws.

Also if you bet smaller he may bluffraise and then fold to shove

best regards,