[NL2-NL10] NL4SH - AKo - passive line vs x/rai

• muel294
      Flop: Villain seems LAG so part of me wanted to just 3b the flop and get it in here vs weaker KX, but given the small sample I couldn't be sure and opted for a pot control line. I didn't think he would x/rai draws very often so I thought he mostly has KX, 55/33 or some crazy 2pr.

I felt that folding TPTK IP too such an opp would be too weak and 3b'ing would be overplayed so called and decided to re-eval T.

Turn: Total blank IMO. Either I'm still ahead or way behind to sets and 2pr. I think can either bet/fold T for free showdown or x/beh for bluff induce. I opted to x/beh because villains flop line was so strong and I didn't feel I had to protect against draws. My aim was to try to get to showdown cheaply or to maybe place a thin value bet on the river.

River: Q is kind of disgusting because now I lose to KQ as well. I'm not sure whether calling R is correct, but since I call F and x/beh T and I only need about 27% to call I thought he might do this with worse hands sometimes. If he doesn't value bet KJ or worse here or bluff then calling R is bad I think.

PartyGaming - $0.04 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BB: $0.92
      UTG: $5.94
      MP: $4.33
      CO: $4.00
      Hero (BTN): $4.13
      SB: $4.00 56/14/5/0/44/38 hands - seems LAG but few hands

SB posts SB $0.02, BB posts BB $0.04

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.06) Hero has A:heart: K:spade:

fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.12, SB calls $0.10, fold

Flop: ($0.28, 2 players) K:heart: 5:spade: 3:heart:
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.18, SB raises to $0.36, Hero calls $0.18

Turn: ($1.00, 2 players) 4:diamond:
      SB checks, Hero checks

River: ($1.00, 2 players) Q:diamond:
      SB bets $0.56, Hero calls $0.56

SB shows K:club: J:spade: (One Pair, Kings) (Pre 25%, Flop 12%, Turn 7%)
      Hero shows A:heart: K:spade: (One Pair, Kings) (Pre 75%, Flop 88%, Turn 93%)
      Hero wins $2.02
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20

I think playing for stacks is the best option on the flop- you often see just tp hand and AK should be way ahead his c/r range.
      Ont he turn I would b/c and if he c/c then shove most rivers.

If you check back turn, then you just give him free cards and likely would not induce that much river bluff.

best regards,