This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL4SH - AKo - passive line vs x/rai

• muel294
      muel294
      Bronze
      Flop: Villain seems LAG so part of me wanted to just 3b the flop and get it in here vs weaker KX, but given the small sample I couldn't be sure and opted for a pot control line. I didn't think he would x/rai draws very often so I thought he mostly has KX, 55/33 or some crazy 2pr.

I felt that folding TPTK IP too such an opp would be too weak and 3b'ing would be overplayed so called and decided to re-eval T.

Turn: Total blank IMO. Either I'm still ahead or way behind to sets and 2pr. I think can either bet/fold T for free showdown or x/beh for bluff induce. I opted to x/beh because villains flop line was so strong and I didn't feel I had to protect against draws. My aim was to try to get to showdown cheaply or to maybe place a thin value bet on the river.

River: Q is kind of disgusting because now I lose to KQ as well. I'm not sure whether calling R is correct, but since I call F and x/beh T and I only need about 27% to call I thought he might do this with worse hands sometimes. If he doesn't value bet KJ or worse here or bluff then calling R is bad I think.

PartyGaming - $0.04 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BB: $0.92
      UTG: $5.94
      MP: $4.33
      CO: $4.00
      Hero (BTN): $4.13
      SB: $4.00 56/14/5/0/44/38 hands - seems LAG but few hands

SB posts SB $0.02, BB posts BB $0.04

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.06) Hero has A:heart: K:spade:

fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.12, SB calls $0.10, fold

Flop: ($0.28, 2 players) K:heart: 5:spade: 3:heart:
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.18, SB raises to $0.36, Hero calls $0.18

Turn: ($1.00, 2 players) 4:diamond:
      SB checks, Hero checks

River: ($1.00, 2 players) Q:diamond:
      SB bets $0.56, Hero calls $0.56

SB shows K:club: J:spade: (One Pair, Kings) (Pre 25%, Flop 12%, Turn 7%)
      Hero shows A:heart: K:spade: (One Pair, Kings) (Pre 75%, Flop 88%, Turn 93%)
      Hero wins $2.02
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

I think playing for stacks is the best option on the flop- you often see just tp hand and AK should be way ahead his c/r range.
      Ont he turn I would b/c and if he c/c then shove most rivers.

If you check back turn, then you just give him free cards and likely would not induce that much river bluff.

best regards,