This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Rakeback questions.

• OoT4NKoO
      OoT4NKoO
      Bronze
      Good morning,

I've been playing some zoom poker as of late...I had $50 I had forgotten about sat in my stars account so I thought I'd try it out, I'm currently at 11BB/100 over a very small sample.

My questions are; firstly, is rakeback that important at microstakes? Secondly, when I start playing properly again in a couple of weeks at NL10 would it be more sensible to play at unibet where I receive 30% RB + FDB or continue to play rush poker at stars, where I can get a lot more volume and always have traffic. Just to give you an idea of volume; I would be playing around 30k-35k hands per month on unibet.

Thanks

T4NK
  • 2 replies
    • zobupasts
      zobupasts
      Bronze
      First of all don't look at your winrate if you don't have a good samplesize. It's useless and it will only make you feel bad if it drops later.

Rakeback is very important at all stakes as it will- wait for it- increase your winnings! Micro limit rake is insane and you should always get the best rakeback deal possible. Let's say you are a 4BB/100 longtime winner. If your rakeback would increase that by just 1BB that's huge and usually you can get more than that.

As for your second question: play the format that you enjoy the most. If it was up to me I would chose Unibet.
    • OoT4NKoO
      OoT4NKoO
      Bronze
      Thank you for your reply. What are your thoughts on "propping", it seems very lucrative, 105% rakeback, by following very simple rules, such as; no heads-up cash play, no taking the final seat at a table and starting fresh tables instead of joining nearly full tables.

Has anyone done this before? I would like to read your views.

Thanks

T4NK