This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] [FR] NL2 Q6s 28-10-12

• Resilence
      Resilence
      Bronze
      IPoker, $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 7 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

MP3: $2.91 (145.5 bb)
      CO: $3.27 (163.5 bb)
      Hero (BTN): $1.96 (98 bb)
      SB: $1.96 (98 bb)
      BB: $1 (50 bb)
      MP1: $2.06 (103 bb)
      MP2: $2 (100 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with 6 Q
      4 folds, Hero raises to $0.06, SB folds, BB calls $0.04

Flop: ($0.13) 6 Q A (2 players)
      BB bets $0.13, Hero raises to $0.40, BB raises to $0.94 and is all-in, Hero calls $0.54

Turn: ($2.01) 3 (2 players, 1 is all-in)
      River: ($2.01) A (2 players, 1 is all-in)

Think I might have been stealing a bit to light in this spot, didn't knew the opponement, but most ms players tend to fold to a steal.

Flop:
      At this point I hit rather well, I was sure he would push with any Ax type or FD, so decided I had the odds to call vs his stack.
      I really wanted to get it in on the flop.

Villain:
      Didn't really have much read on him took him as a MS player, due to his stack size, he did come out to the looser side later this was one of my first hands...
  • 2 replies
    • PhoenixPhreak
      PhoenixPhreak
      Bronze
      Since you weren't looking for any kind of protection on the flop with your assessment of his range I think the bet sizing is good. I think it was well played.
    • HansTheGreat
      HansTheGreat
      Bronze
      Hey Resilence,

Well, preflop it is a standard steal unless you mention any reason why not. Postflop well does a call against such a stack make sense? Not really most likely so raising/broke is going to be the best play since your hand needs protection and you most likely will get the most money also from draws. Nice hand!

Best regards,