This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL5 AQ vs river flush possibility

• PhoenixPhreak
      PhoenixPhreak
      Bronze
      PokerStars - $0.05 NL - Holdem - 2 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

Hero (SB): $5.00
      BB: $4.00

Hero posts SB $0.02, BB posts BB $0.05

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero has Q:heart: A:diamond:

Hero raises to $0.20, BB calls $0.15

Flop: ($0.40, 2 players) 2:spade: Q:club: T:club:
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.30, BB calls $0.30

Turn: ($1.00, 2 players) 4:diamond:
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.70, BB calls $0.70

River: ($2.40, 2 players) 3:club:
      BB checks, Hero bets $1.10, BB raises to $2.80 and is all-in, fold

I think I should have bet larger on the flop, $0.35 instead of $0.30. Maybe a bit more on the turn too.
      Last, I think I should have taken the cheap river with a check behind. Though I think there could still be a range of hands that would call down the river that I beat, enough of the hands that were calling the flop and turn were flush draws that it was too dangerous to bet the river.
  • 3 replies
    • Raknyo
      Raknyo
      Bronze
      PF: Standard, nice bet-sizing.

F: Think you bet just the right amount here.

T: Again, good bet sizing.

R: Think you could have bet 1/3 pot here, then folded to raise. Like you said, your stilling getting value from weaker Qx hands and it's unlikely he will raise your bet without the flush. By betting $0.80 you save yourself $0.3 when your beat, which is probably more often than your ahead.

Well played overall!

Edit: Just realised who this was, is the study group still going. I've been extremely busy lately, but I'm free to attend whenever now.
    • PhoenixPhreak
      PhoenixPhreak
      Bronze
      I'm not sure exactly what is going on with the group. I'm still meeting with Lucker a couple times a week, and we chat sometimes more than that on Skype. But with the rest of the group I haven't heard much...
    • HansTheGreat
      HansTheGreat
      Bronze
      Hey PhoenixPhreak,

Seems like a nice hand! Doubt I would play any differently. There is still some value from weaker Qx and maybe even Tx if he is loose enough. The sizing seems overall pretty find just I would maybe tend to make it a bit smaller on the river like 0,8$ to induce a call from weak Tx and at the same time leave more room for a fold. due to his stack.

Best regards,