Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero has Q:heart: A:diamond:

Hero raises to $0.20, BB calls $0.15

Flop: ($0.40, 2 players) 2:spade: Q:club: T:club:
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.30, BB calls $0.30

Turn: ($1.00, 2 players) 4:diamond:
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.70, BB calls $0.70

River: ($2.40, 2 players) 3:club:
      BB checks, Hero bets $1.10, BB raises to $2.80 and is all-in, fold

I think I should have bet larger on the flop, $0.35 instead of $0.30. Maybe a bit more on the turn too.
      Last, I think I should have taken the cheap river with a check behind. Though I think there could still be a range of hands that would call down the river that I beat, enough of the hands that were calling the flop and turn were flush draws that it was too dangerous to bet the river.
  • 3 replies
    • Raknyo
      Raknyo
      Bronze
      PF: Standard, nice bet-sizing.

F: Think you bet just the right amount here.

T: Again, good bet sizing.

R: Think you could have bet 1/3 pot here, then folded to raise. Like you said, your stilling getting value from weaker Qx hands and it's unlikely he will raise your bet without the flush. By betting $0.80 you save yourself $0.3 when your beat, which is probably more often than your ahead.

Well played overall!

Edit: Just realised who this was, is the study group still going. I've been extremely busy lately, but I'm free to attend whenever now.
    • PhoenixPhreak
      PhoenixPhreak
      Bronze
      I'm not sure exactly what is going on with the group. I'm still meeting with Lucker a couple times a week, and we chat sometimes more than that on Skype. But with the rest of the group I haven't heard much...
    • HansTheGreat
      HansTheGreat
      Bronze
      Hey PhoenixPhreak,

Seems like a nice hand! Doubt I would play any differently. There is still some value from weaker Qx and maybe even Tx if he is loose enough. The sizing seems overall pretty find just I would maybe tend to make it a bit smaller on the river like 0,8$ to induce a call from weak Tx and at the same time leave more room for a fold. due to his stack.

Best regards,