BB: $5.00

Hero posts SB $0.02, BB posts BB $0.05

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero has A:club: Q:spade:

Hero raises to $0.20, BB calls $0.15

Flop: ($0.40, 2 players) 6:heart: A:heart: 2:club:
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.30, BB calls $0.30

Turn: ($1.00, 2 players) 7:spade:
      BB bets $0.61, Hero raises to $2.25, fold

How was my line here? Was my turn raise too high?

I thought $1.65 to all into a $3.80 pot was not to unreasonable and it would leave just $2.25 left to call on the river (in his stack). But I think something like just $2 might have been fine and still left the villain nearly committed on the river.
      I still want to protect against giving good odds for the flush draw, but I also want to have weaker Axs call too...
  • 3 replies
    • mbml
      I think the first thing u need to learn is to stop overplaying one pair hands
      Call here and call river or bet river urself when checked to. He reps 67 and a7 when he bets the turn. While he can hav many worse hands played in a silly fashion u still shuldnt raise here unless u hav rly gdreads abt his loose tendencies
    • PhoenixPhreak
      Are my initial raise, flop bet, and turn bet okay for the strength of my hand?
      I see how this and the other hand you commented on (and honestly, a lot of hands I play in general, like you called me out on) were overplayed.
      But up until the villain showed aggression, were my bets okay?
    • veriz
      Hello PhoenixPhreak,

There ain't going to be many worse hands which call you on the turn and if you get raised there you are crushed. So raising doesn't have any affect and as mbml said you are overplaying your TP hands.

Best Regards.