MrALLindotcom

• MrALLindotcom
      MrALLindotcom
      Bronze
      Question 1: What is your motivation for playing poker?
      :heart: It`s potential to become a source of income.

Question 2: What are your weaknesses when playing poker?
      :spade: I tend to risk more spots after I win a hand In a good spot and then go on tilt and just bleed money.

Question 3: What does it mean to play tight aggressive?
      To play good starting hands and play them in an aggressive way.
  • 4 replies
    • MrALLindotcom
      MrALLindotcom
      Bronze
      I got carried away and forgot to introduce myself:(
      My name is Gabriel,I`m 22 years old and I started to play poker with the 50$ from pokerstrategy(money which I lost very quick because I did not respect the bankroll management and I played really bad).
      After losing the money from pokerstrategy I played homegames with my friends
      and recently I bought poker tracker 4 and made a 60$(30$ the fist time,and 30 after I lost the first 30)deposit and started to play on William Hill at the micros trying to make some money but I burned the money pretty quick because I played very bad.
      Now I have 9Bi for NL2 and I`m trying to get the most from this course and maybe never make another deposit.

sry If I made spellings mistakes but english is not my native language
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Welcome to the Course and Best of Luck. Good job! Homework #1 Done!

First of all don't worry about your English mistakes, you can learn both here. :) Great to read your intro, hope you will do progress with this course.

Easiest way to fight against tilt is to set up stop-loss technique. Which means if you for example have lost more than 3BIs for a session then you just stop the session for some time. The BI amount is set up from your own results. Some may put it higher, some lower. Also after the stop you can spend some time with evaluation part to become better.

Another option against tilt is to set yourself shorter sessions which might avoid you from tilting. If you playing longer sessions then it's more likely that during that session you can get upset. So work on your game and try to find out what makes you tilt and try to fight against it.

Most of the weakness you wrote can easily be fixed by posting hands (analyzing your session). We will start writing feedback to your play. Usually negative feedback will put you into thinking phase and trying to fix all those leaks. It's almost the same as you lose money, you will remember it more than winning part. By this situation it's gonna be that negative feedback you gonna remember and try to avoid them next time.

Tight style is usually called playing selected hands. Like following the Starting Hand Chart. Aggressive should be also pretty clear that already the word says how you should be playing. But the problem playing aggressively is that you have to watch that you don't play too aggressive. Find good spots, find good targets. About The tight-aggressive strategy you can read in this article: "What is the Big Stack Strategy?"

Hopefully you will enjoy being with us here and will enjoy the course. In any case you have questions about anything then feel free to ask it, I will try to respond as soon I read it.
    • MrALLindotcom
      MrALLindotcom
      Bronze
      homework #2

Question 1: What do you think you could play differently than suggested in the BSS Starting Hands
      Chart and why? (Are there any hands you would play differently? Do you have a problem or question
      about how a specific hand or hands should be played?)

With 22-99 from mp I don't understand why limp and not raise in an unopened pot ( I`m not very comfortable open limping but if I knew the reason behind the move I will make it )
      Can I raise with 99 from ep?
      With KQ can I open from ep/mp and raise from the BU if the CU opens?
      Can I add KXs,offsuit connector and suited one gappers to steal vs specific opponents?
      With AQ-A10,KQ can we re-raise vs a steal from the BU,CU or SB?
      Can we open with AQs from ep and maybe call/reraise a minraise?
      With Ax and KQ-J10 can we raise vs a limp/minraise?
      With suited connectors can we raise(from LP) vs a limp?

Question 2: Do you have questions about your preflop play? Post your hand for evaluation. ( Post
      your hand in the Hand evaluation forums and provide a link to your hand in your private thread in
      the Locker
      Room.)

Can we fold KK vs a villain who we know 3bets KK+?
      What can we do vs a 3bet with 10-QQ and AK? ( I usually just fold )
      Can we go all in vs a short stack with JJ+ and AK?

NL2 AK hero sb

Question 3: What is the equity of AKo against the top 5% range? 5% means 88+, AJs+, KQs, AKo.
      ( You can either calculate this yourself or use an equity calculator such as the PokerStrategy.com
      Equilab.)

AK 44.906% vs top5% 88+ AJs+ AKo 55.094%
      AK 46.324% vs top5.3% 88+ AJs+ AKo KQs 53.676%
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Good job! Homework #2 Done!

With 22-99 from mp I don't understand why limp and not raise in an unopened pot ( I`m not very comfortable open limping but if I knew the reason behind the move I will make it ) Can I raise with 99 from ep?

Playing PPs can be in long run be very profitable, we could even say that you earn the most money with them (except of course KK/AA strong hands :D ). You can always try out either you play them profitable or not by check the programs either you are doing great on early position with PPs or not and base according to that. Although the problem with playing them, especially from EP if you playing FR is the case that you wont always play them profitable and very low ones I would even advice to fold as 22-55 and raise it up like 66-77+.

With KQ can I open from ep/mp and raise from the BU if the CU opens?

I don't understand your question? Could you rewrite it.

Can I add KXs,offsuit connector and suited one gappers to steal vs specific opponents?

Depends a lot what position are we talking about? But clearly from the BTN we can easily do that.

With AQ-A10,KQ can we re-raise vs a steal from the BU,CU or SB?

Not always, the hand does play perfectly well as well by calling and keeping the stealing range wide. You should ask rather what's the purpose of the 3bet, for value/as bluff?

Can we open with AQs from ep and maybe call/reraise a minraise?

There is no simply and default line to pick. By default vs normal raise not really without any good reason. We don't have implied odds and may have reversed odds.

With Ax and KQ-J10 can we raise vs a limp/minraise?

Not all Ax hands are always raise, depends a lot on the opponent, their stacks and positions. According to that we adjust. :) But yeah, it's possible if we also assume we are doing it for value or have decent amount of postflop fold equity.

With suited connectors can we raise(from LP) vs a limp?

Depends again against what stack, what players behind etc. What kind of postflop skills we have, how much we are able to read the board. Can be done, can be limped as well into. Also depends highly what kind of suited connectors, either lower or higher.

Can we fold KK vs a villain who we know 3bets KK+?

What do you mean by that? We should be folding if we assume he 3bets only KK+ cause we clearly don't have the equity to go broke.

What can we do vs a 3bet with 10-QQ and AK? ( I usually just fold )

Depends a lot what position, what stack, what kind of opponent, what kind of 3bet. :) According to that we adjust, no clear answer.

Can we go all in vs a short stack with JJ+ and AK

Depends again what is short, against what kind of opponent, from what position we opening, from what position he raising and etc.

I really recommend posting you hands and find out how to play specific hands than looking here for a robotic play which you clearly wont find.

About Question #3:

Equity     Win     Tie
      UTG    46.32%  37.92%   8.41% { AKo }
      UTG+1  53.68%  45.27%   8.41% { 88+, AJs+, KQs, AKo }

Hopefully you enjoy the Course so far.