[NL2-NL10] co KQ overall

• Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      Poker Stars $5.00 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

UTG(technically MP): $15.04 - VPIP: 34, PFR: 28, 3B: 14, AF: 3.0, WTS:38, openR from MP: 3/6 Hands: 32
      Hero (CO): $5.07 - VPIP: 21, PFR: 16, 3B: 4, AF: 2.0, Hands: 40699
      BTN: $2.89 - VPIP: 60, PFR: 5, 3B: 0, AF: 3.2, WTS:32 Hands: 43
      SB: $6.79 - VPIP: 10, PFR: 6, 3B: 0, AF: 5.0, Hands: 62
      BB: $4.65 - VPIP: 39, PFR: 18, 3B: 2, AF: 2.1, Hands: 175

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero is CO with K :club: Q :spade:
      UTG raises to $0.15, Hero calls $0.15, BTN calls $0.15, 2 folds

Flop: ($0.52) 7 :club: 4 :club: 6 :diamond: (3 players)
      UTG checks, Hero checks, BTN bets $0.15, UTG folds, Hero calls $0.15

Turn: ($0.82) 8 :club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $0.15, Hero calls $0.15

River: ($1.12) 7 :spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $0.15, Hero calls $0.15 ((just curious))
  • 13 replies
    • dienaszaglis
      dienaszaglis
      Bronze
      How often does UTG c-bets? If you flat here, you will need a plan for the flop. If you plan to c/f missed boards and he c-bets more than 70%, you will lose money as you will hit only about 30% of the time.

I think, folding PRE is not the worst play.

As played, seems to bee fine.
    • CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      Folding pre is ABSOLUTELY the worst thing to do. He opens so much that your hand's strenght just crushes him.

Example of that 28 % opr:

55+,A2s+,K5s+,Q7s+,J8s+,T8s+,98s,A7o+,K9o+,Q9o+,J9o+

And your hand against that range:

VO Win Tie
      Villain 48.40% 46.30% 2.10% 55+, A2s+, K5s+, Q7s+, J8s+, T8s+, 98s, A7o+, K9o+, Q9o+, J9o+
      Hero 51.60% 49.50% 2.10% KQo

You could even 3-bet for value there!

As played, not much to do, opponent is a station and probably has something (like pair of 6's), and he's not going to fold it.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Imimba1,

What can I say, "like a station". :D Mate really, you play your hands like a station. You go into calling mode every time you see smaller bets, though you rarely get good implied odds. Therefore fold it on the flop instead to avoid mistakes!

I really like the guys who say that "just curious" and then every time paying me over and over again. :D And I am like, oh thanks for the money.

Best Regards.
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      You go into calling mode every time you see smaller bets, though you rarely get good implied odds.
      I need your help Veriz, there may be something wrong in my thought process here:

Or in another point of view: I could bluff out a pro with only 20% bets, because "he doesnt want to go" in CS mode. :rolleyes: :f_biggrin:

On the flop I have OCs, on the turn I have FD. I have the necessery equity to call. I dont have implied odds too much, but I have the equity. If it was an A-high flop, or the bet would be bigger, I agree, that calling down would be stupid. I mean, it's a marginal call, but I have the equity to do it. I dont expect to make much money from this hand, but we can not let people push us out of the pot with such tiny bets.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Imimba1
      Originally posted by veriz
      You go into calling mode every time you see smaller bets, though you rarely get good implied odds.
      I need your help Veriz, there may be something wrong in my thought process here:

Or in another point of view: I could bluff out a pro with only 20% bets, because "he doesnt want to go" in CS mode. :rolleyes: :f_biggrin:

On the flop I have OCs, on the turn I have FD. I have the necessery equity to call. I dont have implied odds too much, but I have the equity. If it was an A-high flop, or the bet would be bigger, I agree, that calling down would be stupid. I mean, it's a marginal call, but I have the equity to do it. I dont expect to make much money from this hand, but we can not let people push us out of the pot with such tiny bets.
      Don't try to do anything fancy on those stakes. Just play straight forward and earn your money and move up the stakes. When you will be ready for it you will realize yourself when you understanding more about the game. Though now it's not really the best spot, especially trying to bluff a loose player out of the pot which usually happens on those stakes.
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      Thanks Veriz, nice! :heart: :heart:
      Until which stake is pure ABC profitable in your opinion? I mean, how long can I play "straight forwardly"?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Imimba1
      Thanks Veriz, nice! :heart: :heart:
      Until which stake is pure ABC profitable in your opinion? I mean, how long can I play "straight forwardly"?
      Well, first try to play standard ABC profitable and then when you getting better and start to understand more preflop/postflop games you loosen up. I'd say your thinking process will get better from NL25+ as when you moving the forums here as well.
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      Compare 3betting preflop vs calling, which is +ev?

Why should we 3bet? Well, better SPR, and possible HU pot.

With a call 3way we go into spr:11, which is horrible for our hand. What is our plan with a call, unimproved we cant do much, with TP go broke? With SPR e.g. 5-6 it's much easier to play. Dunno whether this is enough to 3bet..
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

Sorry for the late answer.

I think that 3betting here is better than calling.

First of all, we don't really have a huge sample, so we can't expect it to be plausible, right?
      So we could make the assumption that in the long run he probably won't be 10/8 but it's quite more likely for him to be something like 20/18 or 19/17 or something like that.
      So what range a 19/17 player opens from MP? It could be something like 22+,ATs+,KTs+,QTs+,JTs,T9s,98s,AJo+,KQo and some players are even tighter
      and just open 22+,ATs+,KJs+,QJs,AJo+,KQo.
      So having KQo we actually don't stand really well against his range, also we give quite good odds for other people to join the pot and have a hard time playing the hand.
      If we 3bet I think we will have enough FE, also block his QQ+, AK.

So 3bet>fold>call in my opinion.
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze