This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL20 meeting 5-bet pre with AKo

• CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      Quite interesting spot. Opponent has been tricky post-flop and close to maniac, but never 3-bet before pre-flop (+100hands). Guess it's standard fold? Can't see many worse hands in his range, not sure that he would 5-bet with AQ or JJ, so range is probably AK or QQ+.

iPoker - $0.20 NL - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

BB: $23.18
      UTG: $30.54
      Hero (MP): $20.00
      CO: $22.73
      BTN: $10.18
      SB: $11.89

SB posts SB $0.10, BB posts BB $0.20

Pre Flop: ($0.30) Hero has K:club: A:diamond:

fold, Hero raises to $0.80, CO raises to $2.40, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $5.60, CO raises to $22.73, fold

CO wins $11.50
  • 2 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello CPallo,

Then rather just fold to the 3bet in first place if you don't assume him being 3bet-maniac preflop. Wouldn't make sense to waste the money whilst he is also 3betting vs MP.

Best Regards.
    • CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      Wouldn't it make my game play a bit exploitable there? The sample is still small, and folding to 3-bet with AK is extremely nitty. By 4-betting I find out what hand he is moving with, because if he decided to 3-bet with QQ, AK (I presume his range is QQ+, AK pre-flop) he wouldn't 5-bet this hand and might even fold. So 4-bet is quite a information bet that narrows his range, if he 5-bets, and I still save 14,4d by folding.

So, can we ever do 4-bet/fold against a opponent like this, or should we flat call and put us into a mystery spot post-flop? Or just fold to 3-bet, which might be a bit nitty IMO :D

Ty!