Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

BB: €0.60
      UTG: €3.51
      CO: €1.66
      Hero (BTN): €3.23
      SB: €3.33

SB posts SB €0.01, BB posts BB €0.02

Pre Flop: (€0.03) Hero has A:diamond: K:diamond:

UTG calls €0.02, CO calls €0.02, Hero raises to €0.10, fold, BB calls €0.08, UTG calls €0.08, fold

Flop: (€0.33, 3 players) 9:club: Q:diamond: A:club:
      BB checks, UTG checks, Hero bets €0.24, fold, UTG calls €0.24

Turn: (€0.81, 2 players) 8:club:
      UTG checks, Hero bets €0.58, UTG raises to €1.16, fold

UTG wins €1.87
  • 7 replies
    • Stabillo
      Stabillo
      Bronze
      should I have called ?
    • dienaszaglis
      dienaszaglis
      Bronze
      Hi!

Without any stats/reads this is a fold, FD gets there, also TJ.
    • cozacu
      cozacu
      Bronze
      Here is something you should keep in mind =>check/min-raise turn at micros is usually the nuts :) )

Now taking a look at the board... what is he raising there? 99,QQ,AA,A9,AQ(miss played because he should have raised the flop), or a flush and straight that came in on the turn(much more likely).

Conclusion : no, you should not have called, folding there is perfectly ok, you`ll almost never see a worst hand than yours raise in this spot :)
    • CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      Indeed, you are probably meeting a better hand here or you will give your opponents a chance to bluff you out, if your nitty player :D

Alternative line here is to check-back and call small bet on blanco river. There's no need to bet, coz practically every draw hit there and opponent isn't likely to go on with worse, unless he is a total station.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Stabillo,

Welcome to the English NL Hand Evaluation Forum! Hopefully we will see more hands from you in the future. I hope that with our help you can improve your play and as well move up the limits. We will be waiting for the next hands and till that good luck on tables!

Preflop: 2 limpers so raise 12 cents.
      Postflop: Not much you could have done here, we most likely are behind. Good fold!

Best Regards.
    • Stabillo
      Stabillo
      Bronze
      Thank you veriz (or should I call you Honourable Judge ) ! I am going to post as many hands as I can :)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Stabillo
      Thank you veriz (or should I call you Honourable Judge ) ! I am going to post as many hands as I can :)
      Hehe, thanks mate. :) Feel free to post as many hands you want, even when you want to make sure if it's correct play. Always good to get confidence boost. ;) That's at least how I took it when I got "well played" for my hands on my days.