[NL20-NL50] NL25: AKs OOP float

Bronze
      Party Poker $25.00 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players - View hand 1967833
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

Hero (SB): $25.00 - VPIP: 22, PFR: 18, 3B: 7, AF: 4,9, Hands: 28948
      BB: $20.28 - VPIP: 47, PFR: 3, 3B: 9, AF: 0,2, Hands: 30
      UTG: $13.80 - VPIP: 23, PFR: 22, UTG_PFR: 9(79), 3B: 8, FoldTo3Bet: 74(23), AF: 24,7, cBetFlop: 86(57), CbetTurn: 41(29), WTS: 24, W$SD: 43, Hands: 821
      CO: $25.25 - VPIP: 17, PFR: 12, 3B: 7, AF: 1,6, Hands: 403
      BTN: $26.22 - VPIP: 25, PFR: 22, 3B: 9, AF: 10,5, Hands: 152

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is SB with K :club: A :club:
      UTG raises to $0.75, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.65, 1 fold

Flop: ($1.75) 6 :spade: J :heart: J :spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG bets $0.83, Hero calls $0.83

Turn: ($3.41) T :spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG checks

River: ($3.41) 3 :heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.00, UTG folds

Makes sense?
      No reason to 3Bet in this spot preflop, I think. Especially since our hand is suited + there is a fish that can overcall (which is also what we want).
      Postflop should be a good OOP float spot. A bit worried about his W$SD though.
  • 7 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Avatars91,

What's the point of betting the river? :) Do you ever see making any better hands to fold? Though the guy may take pot control line with some PP in those spots which calls the river vs your line.

Best Regards.
      Bronze
      1) Is our hand too strong to be turned into a bluff on the river?

Because we should have some fold equity since his range also contains a lot of hands that have missed completely + very weak pairs. Thus it should make sense to bet the river with, for example, KQ, which is a hand that has less showdown value, but not AK, which beats a much wider range, right?

2) How big a role does his W$SD frequency play in this spot? Had it been high, could we assume that he folds many of his PPs OTR?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      1) Is our hand too strong to be turned into a bluff on the river?

C'mon, he ain't folding ever a made hand to this kind of Bet. At least I don't ever see myself doing that. :D Vs any other hand as you mentioned KQ or whatsoever even AQ you have him beat anyways with AK. ;)

2) How big a role does his W$SD frequency play in this spot? Had it been high, could we assume that he folds many of his PPs OTR?

This W$SD just tells that he ain't laying down made hands. :) The higher it is the more success will be for our fold equity but rarely with such a sizing.
      Bronze
      OK, so AKs is better checked because we have showdown value + we may not be able to fold out his PPs, especially since his W$SD is somewhat low.

But

3) If we had KQ, 87 or any other hand that has missed completely, may the line that I chose in this hand not be appropriate? We can fold out Ax, Kx and basically many hands that have missed but may bluff and/or could be ahead of our hand.

4) If we do bet with such hands as described above, how big does it make sense to bet? Is $2.00 in a $3.40 pot really that bad a sizing? I would actually bet my strong hands using a similar size since our opponent's check back on the turn usually means weakness.
      Or do we basically just don't have to balance and can bet big with bluffs to get fold equity in this spot and bet small with stronger hands to get some calls?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      3) If we had KQ, 87 or any other hand that has missed completely, may the line that I chose in this hand not be appropriate? We can fold out Ax, Kx and basically many hands that have missed but may bluff and/or could be ahead of our hand.

Depends A LOT on the opponent, some may call you down there even with Ace high. Depends what dynamics you had, how the opponent sees you etc.

4) If we do bet with such hands as described above, how big does it make sense to bet? Is $2.00 in a $3.40 pot really that bad a sizing? I would actually bet my strong hands using a similar size since our opponent's check back on the turn usually means weakness.Or do we basically just don't have to balance and can bet big with bluffs to get fold equity in this spot and bet small with stronger hands to get some calls?

What are you trying to do with such a sizing? You are practically never-ever making any pair to fold this way, so heading only vs Ace high which may even hero-call you cause he doesn't expect to you value-bet PPs there but mainly flush. I'd make the same size as which I would use for made flush.
      Bronze
      I'd make the same size as which I would use for made flush.

If you had a made flush on the river in this spot, would you bet big?
      His range looks weak with the turn check behind and I am not sure many hands can call vs a big bet in that spot, even if he does call with A high and PPs vs smaller bets.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Avatars91
      I'd make the same size as which I would use for made flush.

If you had a made flush on the river in this spot, would you bet big?
      His range looks weak with the turn check behind and I am not sure many hands can call vs a big bet in that spot, even if he does call with A high and PPs vs smaller bets.
      Whatever he calls he calls also the bigger Bet. His Check behind range already speaks everything about his hand strength.