[NL20-NL50] NL25: JTs call BBvsBU reg

Bronze
      Poker Stars $25.00 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players - View hand 1968042
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BTN: $25.13 - VPIP: 23, PFR: 21, 3B: 14,7, AF: 3,4, cBetFlop: 89(9), cBetTurn: 33(3), FoldTo3Bet: 60(5), Call3BetIP: 20(5), Hands: 87
      SB: $43.27 - VPIP: 13, PFR: 9, 3B: 3, AF: 1,3, Hands: 76
      Hero (BB): $25.35 - VPIP: 21, PFR: 18, 3B: 5, AF: 4,8, Hands: 90087
      UTG: $29.68 - VPIP: 20, PFR: 17, 3B: 6, AF: 1,2, Hands: 133
      CO: $13.81 - VPIP: 31, PFR: 17, 3B: 0, AF: 2,5, Hands: 36

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is BB with T :heart: J :heart:
      2 folds, BTN raises to $0.60, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.35

Flop: ($1.30) 4 :heart: 8 :spade: 2 :spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.75, BTN calls $0.75

Turn: ($2.80) 7 :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.75, BTN raises to $5.50, Hero folds

I decided to call preflop because he raised it to 2.5BBs and the hand plays well + I'm willing to playback. Although I assume that 3Betting could also be a good alternative.

Though I'm not all that sure that the way I played back is all that great. In fact I think it is not. I suppose that check/raising would have been a much better alternative. And I'm not sure we have enough fold equity to bet on this turncard either. Do we?
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Avatars91,

Donking doesn't really make sense here cause clearly you can't represent mcuh and also this kind of guy is willing to play back here. So I don't really like the idea of going for donking here. Check/Raising also represent very little and if the guy is willing to understand that it's not a good idea either. What are you representing with the Check/Raise? :D

Best Regards.
      Bronze
      What are you representing with the Check/Raise?

Given that his openraise is very small and I sort of get the odds for setmining I assume that I can credibly represent all the sets + draws. But that's just about it.

Is it not enough if we assume that villain likely has a very wide preflop + postflop CB range IP on this flop?

It takes some courage to 3Bet/bluff in this spot on these limits after all, and he should have plenty of such hands that don't exactly play all that well passively vs a check/raise, i.e., he can't call without a draw/pair.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Avatars91
      What are you representing with the Check/Raise?

Given that his openraise is very small and I sort of get the odds for setmining I assume that I can credibly represent all the sets + draws. But that's just about it.

Is it not enough if we assume that villain likely has a very wide preflop + postflop CB range IP on this flop?

It takes some courage to 3Bet/bluff in this spot on these limits after all, and he should have plenty of such hands that don't exactly play all that well passively vs a check/raise, i.e., he can't call without a draw/pair.
      Well, you can start do that and see how players are adjusting to you but it's not a must. If they guy doesn't fight back in those spots then Check/Raising is also possible but as you may understand if he is whatever thinking player he clearly will see that you can't represent much either and may start to fight back.