[NL2-NL10] KK fold

• Wolfjustice
      Wolfjustice
      Bronze
      CO has 3bet of 10% (300 hands) but primarily from button + blinds. This is first 3bet from CO in 14 opportunities.

BB is relatively unknown, playing 33/22 over 29 hands with 1 3bet so far from the blinds.

Felt like a pretty standard fold.

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      BU:
      $6.02
      SB:
      $7.85
      BB:
      $5.80
      MP2:
      $4.07
      MP3 (Hero):
      $5.21
      CO:
      $10.09

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K, K.
      MP2 folds, Hero raises to $0.20, CO raises to $0.67, 2 folds, BB raises to $2.10, 2 folds, CO folds, BB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.89.
  • 6 replies
    • dienaszaglis
      dienaszaglis
      Bronze
      Hi!

Folding KK pre-flop probably is the biggest mistake you can ever do. Well, folding AA is worse :)

Unless 5/5 villain is 3betting like 0.5% over a huge sample.

Just shove it in, that`s it!
    • Wolfjustice
      Wolfjustice
      Bronze
      Vs CO 3bet vs MP open and cold 4bet from blinds it can never be a huge mistake imo. Maybe a small one, but that's debatable.
    • dienaszaglis
      dienaszaglis
      Bronze
      It`s pretty much impossible to put someone exactly on AA. You are loosing so much money by folding KK pre-flop.
    • Wolfjustice
      Wolfjustice
      Bronze
      this is the exact kind of spot where players show up with Aces a huge majority of the time. Even if they occasionally show up with QQ or AK you are probably behind their weighted range.

Light cold 4bets basically never happen at micros.

I know some players will never fold KK regardless, but if there is ever a spot you can do it, this is it.

I can guarantee that I'm never losing a "lot of money" by folding in this spot. Either way it's close. Could be a small mistake, could also be a good fold.

If the guy was clearly a huge fish, then I agree that it's losing a lot of money by folding here. A lot of players will just cold-call 3bet with AQ, AK, JJ, QQ etc and only ever cold 4bet KK-AA though, in which case you are simply behind their range.
    • CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      On higher levels you'd be a fish if you fold KK on 4-bets, but on this levels you are in a tough spot. KK is the second best hand there, and it's all dependable on opponent. Luckily on these levels people usually just give you information, when they have some hand. 3-bet narrows range, 4-bet even more, and 5-bet is KK+ against a solid nit.

Well, you'd still get decent odds to call, if CO joins the party too..
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Wolfjustice,

Unless I have a good reason to think that he is a nitty player I don't fold my KK here -> ship it.

Best Regards.