[NL2-NL10] KK in 4bet pot

• Wolfjustice
      Possibly this hand went wrong somewhere, not sure.

BU has been 3betting a decent amount (11.5% / 237 hands), honestly hadn't been paying attention to what proportion of these were min-3bets. He is running at 23/20 over 237 hands.

I think the flop is bad for me, hits his range a decent amount. Sometimes I cbet here, sometimes I will c/c to keep his range wide (flop AF of 5 so far). Plan was to check-call down but Ah changed my plan.

Btw, I need 30% equity vs his range to make turn call.

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      BB (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is BB with K, K.
      MP2 raises to $0.10, 2 folds, BU raises to $0.25, SB folds, Hero raises to $0.80, MP2 folds, BU calls $0.55.

Flop: ($1.72) T, 3, J (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $1.30, Hero calls $1.30.

Turn: ($4.32) A (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $3.20, Hero folds, BU gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $4.32.
  • 4 replies
    • dienaszaglis

Usually you should be happy to go broke in the 3bet pot with an overpair.
      I would c-bet the flop and get it in. Very often you will see FD`s, AJ, QQ.
    • Wolfjustice
      Yeah, I'm committed on the flop and most turns. Problem really raises when the Ah rolls off.

Even if I cbet and he flats, and the turn is the Ah it sucks.
    • CPallo
      I'd bet it till the end here. Cbet flop and jam turn. It might be that he doesn't have an ace, and he still needs to be worried about your flush or straight there. You still have backdoor equity for nut-flush, too.
    • veriz
      Hello Wolfjustice,

Rather still Bet the flop and pick the sizing yourself, cause clearly vs such a huge Bet you ain't going to have much beat, only QQ. What are you hoping to see on the turn on what you continue?

Best Regards.