[NL20-NL50] nl25sh - misplaced bluff.

• Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      I know you will all say: check/fold the flop. But how badly is this actually? We as PFR hit this flop a lot better. 3barrel = strong. + it's not like the A river is a good bluffcard for us.

The guy is a reg (marked). No stats atm.

Poker Stars $0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players - View hand 1968417
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BB: $25.00
      UTG: $33.66
      CO: $25.00
      BTN: $25.45
      Hero (SB): $26.31

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is SB with 3 :spade: 3 :heart:
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.75, BB calls $0.50

Flop: ($1.50) K :heart: A :diamond: Q :spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1, BB calls $1

Turn: ($3.50) 4 :club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.50, BB calls $2.50

River: ($8.50) A :club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $6
  • 8 replies
    • duder1n0
      duder1n0
      Gold
      I agree that if we cbet, we have to barrel 2/3streets to get him off from hands like A7/KJ. River is really bad, cause I dont think he would ever fold Ax anymore.
      Other reason not to barrel is our lack of equity (2outs), which decreases the EV of our move a lot.
    • yougotfelted51
      yougotfelted51
      Bronze
      i understand your reasoning for f/t barrels, however on river i think it is a mandatory give up. board is decently dry, and river does not change it much/if at all, and i cannot see too many hands that call 2 barrels and fold river now
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Farmarchist,

Check/Fold the flop, don't really like the CB at all there whilst you ain't gonna have much fold equity. Seems like just waste of money here.

Best Regards.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Farmarchist
      I know you will all say: check/fold the flop. But how badly is this actually? We as PFR hit this flop a lot better. 3barrel = strong. + it's not like the A river is a good bluffcard for us.
      Check/Fold the flop, don't really like the CB at all there whilst you ain't gonna have much fold equity. Seems like just waste of money here.
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      if i fire, i think i'm going for the weak line of fire once and give up. :f_biggrin: just to fold out a range of random suited connectors and better pockets

i don't think we can fold out a lot on the turn, if we go for it then yeah 3barrel spot but it just feels -EV.
    • livethelife7
      livethelife7
      Bronze

I think you are trying to find an excuse for betting here, while it's really an easy ch/f.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Originally posted by livethelife7

I think you are trying to find an excuse for betting here, while it's really an easy ch/f.
      I'm not :) . Just want to hear how bad it is... Slightly -EV, close to 0 or realllyyyy bad..
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by livethelife7

+1, doubt that I can say any better.