CO: $10.80
      BTN: $15.78
      Hero (SB): $10.00
      BB: $10.15
      UTG: $12.11
      UTG+1: $10.10

Hero posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.15) Hero has J:spade: Q:club:

UTG calls $0.10, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.05, BB checks

Flop: ($0.30, 3 players) J:club: Q:spade: 7:club:
      Hero bets $0.20, fold, UTG calls $0.20

Turn: ($0.70, 2 players) K:diamond:
      Hero bets $0.60, UTG calls $0.60

River: ($1.90, 2 players) 8:heart:
      Hero checks, UTG checks

I think I was kinda knit on river
  • 3 replies
    • CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      You could even raise this pre-flop, I guess UTG is something like a fish?

Post-flop all depends on your opponent. Is he passive and capable of slow-playing? If the answer is "no", then you can actually bet the river, too, because 8 doesn't change a thing there. K8 and 88 improve, but otherwise you are still in the same situation as you were on the flop.

Betting against a fishy station here is fine, he' calling with plenty of worse combos. Checking-back against a solid opponent would be the best, as he has in his range some busted FD and he might turn them into a bluff and you would have to fold.
    • muel294
      muel294
      Bronze
      I would bet R for thin value here. Since villain o/l EP I would expect his range to consist mostly AXs KXs, small PP's and SC's. Therefore on the R I don't expect him to be very strong or to bluff very often (since his open limp means he is probably passive)

I think I am mostly bet/fold to a raise although I can only see us being beat on the river by something like 9T / Kc8c / 77 / 88 / KJ which would be pretty sick, given his F/T line which would be even less likely. Definitely think he calls with way worse on R to justify a thin value bet OOP since he is mostly checking behind eveything we beat.

If villain was more aggro, I prefer x/c for bluff induce since I think he is more likely to be on a draw here.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello CHARMANDER06,

Preflop: Could easily isolate the limper.

As played
      Postflop: Bet the flop & turn bigger. :) And could easily even value-bet the river cause clearly the guy could be holding weaker holdings there.

Best Regards.