This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Nl10 Qj

• CHARMANDER06
      CHARMANDER06
      Bronze
      PartyGaming - $0.10 NL - Holdem - 8 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

MP: $10.17
      MP+1: $12.51
      CO: $10.80
      BTN: $15.78
      Hero (SB): $10.00
      BB: $10.15
      UTG: $12.11
      UTG+1: $10.10

Hero posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.15) Hero has J:spade: Q:club:

UTG calls $0.10, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.05, BB checks

Flop: ($0.30, 3 players) J:club: Q:spade: 7:club:
      Hero bets $0.20, fold, UTG calls $0.20

Turn: ($0.70, 2 players) K:diamond:
      Hero bets $0.60, UTG calls $0.60

River: ($1.90, 2 players) 8:heart:
      Hero checks, UTG checks

I think I was kinda knit on river
  • 3 replies
    • CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      You could even raise this pre-flop, I guess UTG is something like a fish?

Post-flop all depends on your opponent. Is he passive and capable of slow-playing? If the answer is "no", then you can actually bet the river, too, because 8 doesn't change a thing there. K8 and 88 improve, but otherwise you are still in the same situation as you were on the flop.

Betting against a fishy station here is fine, he' calling with plenty of worse combos. Checking-back against a solid opponent would be the best, as he has in his range some busted FD and he might turn them into a bluff and you would have to fold.
    • muel294
      muel294
      Bronze
      I would bet R for thin value here. Since villain o/l EP I would expect his range to consist mostly AXs KXs, small PP's and SC's. Therefore on the R I don't expect him to be very strong or to bluff very often (since his open limp means he is probably passive)

I think I am mostly bet/fold to a raise although I can only see us being beat on the river by something like 9T / Kc8c / 77 / 88 / KJ which would be pretty sick, given his F/T line which would be even less likely. Definitely think he calls with way worse on R to justify a thin value bet OOP since he is mostly checking behind eveything we beat.

If villain was more aggro, I prefer x/c for bluff induce since I think he is more likely to be on a draw here.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello CHARMANDER06,

Preflop: Could easily isolate the limper.

As played
      Postflop: Bet the flop & turn bigger. :) And could easily even value-bet the river cause clearly the guy could be holding weaker holdings there.

Best Regards.