[NL20-NL50] nl25sh - AQ protect on turn?

• prevolsek
      GTECH G2 (Boss) - €0.25 NL - Holdem - 5 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

Hero (SB): €24.75
      BB: €46.17
      UTG: €29.40
      CO: €26.18
      BTN: €16.98

Hero posts SB €0.12, BB posts BB €0.25

Pre Flop: (€0.37) Hero has A:heart: Q:heart:

fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to €0.75, BB calls €0.50

Flop: (€1.50, 2 players) 9:diamond: A:club: J:spade:
      Hero bets €1.00, BB calls €1.00

Turn: (€3.50, 2 players) K:diamond:
      Hero checks, BB bets €2.00, Hero calls €2.00

River: (€7.50, 2 players) 3:spade:
      Hero checks, BB checks

While playing I checked the turn to induce a bluff, now I'm thinking that going for protection would be much better. The flush and straight backdoor draws both became possible with the king. Plus the opponent is likely to call me with weaker hands such as AT, KD, KT, QJ, JT, T9, K9. So the best line would be bet/fold on the turn, and then reevaluate on the river. The turn bet should be arround 2.75€. Is this correct?
  • 4 replies
    • prevolsek
      This is my first time posting in the hand evaluations forum, so can someone please tell me how I can include the stats of my opponent in the above report? I use poker tracker 3.
    • yougotfelted51
      i think bet/folding turn seems pretty standard to get value from pair+gutshots/fds/etc.

as for including stats, that is something i do not know how to do, and i usually just manually type in relevant stats
    • veriz
      Hello prevolsek,

Welcome to the English NL Hand Evaluation Forum! Hopefully we will see more hands from you in the future. I hope that with our help you can improve your play and as well move up the limits. We will be waiting for the next hands and till that good luck on tables!

There are few ways to to include stats, as long you are using PT3 you have to make screenshots and then upload them to some site and then link here. Or just write down yourself the stats. The tool for cutting the pictures on Windows 7 is called "Snipping Tool" and then for example upload it into imageshack.com

About your play you might want to rather Bet the turn instead cause it's going to be difficult to call-down both streets and whilst we are showing weakness he may do that. Therefore instead 2nd barrel it and in plan to fold it.

Best Regards.
    • prevolsek
      I think I will just write the stats down myself. This way you can see what stats I'm looking at and if I'm missing something you can advise me to look at that as well.

Thank you yougot and veriz!