Way to learn, what do you think

• 3 replies
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      Hi there,

I think this is going to be a different answer for everyone. I guess you mean play for 6 hours per day? If so then fair enough but i wouldn't play for 6 hours straight personally, you get tired sometimes without noticing and slip into auto pilot or worse start tilting.

As for the theory and hand evals. Basically i would say as much as you can manage. Playing the lowest micro stakes it's still important but i think you can get away with playing a lot more than studying since its straightforward ABC play most of the time but of course the more you study the quicker you should progress. You should set your self a schedule to stick to in order to help you organize your time the best you can.

For example:

Wake up 06:00
      Exercise/breakfast whatever 06:00-07:00
      Watch PokerStrategy.com video (and take lots of notes) 0700-08:00
      Play poker. 0800-10:00

And so on adding in session reviews, work, family time, whatever else you do and changing the times to suit you (by the way my example sucks :D ) You should go to the productivity guide by SchnitzelFisch (link in my sig under this post) and you will very quickly start learning how to manage your time better and how to generally get the very best you can out of yourself :)

Regards
      Carl
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Hey Imimba1!

I think it also depends on what limits you play. If you are just starting out it's best you study as much as you play or even more.

If you know what you are doing and are BE/winning on your limit then you can play more then you study.

Best of luck on the tables!

RasTweet
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      Thank you guys!