question about hand

• pokerigrac
      pokerigrac
      Basic
      I have K♦2♦ and the opponet have A♣3♥

K♣ 2♠ A♥ 10♦ 10♦

why he is winner when i have K and 2 on table while he have only A?

I have K♦4♦ and opponet have A♣5♥

K♣ 4♠ A♥ 3♦ 3♦

And what about this situation who will be winner and why??
  • 6 replies
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      Hey pokerigrac

Welcome to PokerStrategy.com

In Texas Holdem we make our final hand up from the best combination of 5 cards available to us this includes our hole cards and the community cards so this means in the first hand your final hand is KKTTA and your opponents hand is AATTK so he has a higher two pair than you.

Another example would be you could have KK in your hand and the flop comes 777 and then the turn another 7 and the river A

You and your opponents hand would then be 7777A and it would be a split pot

Does this make sense?

All the best
      Carl
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      Your hand is determined by the best hand you can make using ANY 5 cards out of your 2 and the 5 community cards.

Hand 1)
      Because of this your opponent has A♥ A♣ 10♦ 10♦ K♣ (Two pair, A's and 10's with a K)
      You have K♣ K♣ 10♦ 10♦ A♥ (Two Pair, K's and 10's with an A)
      So because of this his Two Pair is better than yours.

Hand 2)
      This is the same as above, using the 5 best cards, He has A♣ A♥ 3♦ 3♦ K♣ (Two Pair, As and 3's with a K)
      You have K♣ K♦ 4♦ 4♠ A♥ (Two Pair, K's and 4's with an A)

You was winning both hands on the Flop (First 3 cards that comes) and then Turn (4th Card) as you had Two Pair where he only have One, the River (5th and final card) paired the board which ended up giving him Two Pair also.

Hope you understand? If not give us a shout and we'll try again :)

Edit - Seems Carl beta me to a reply but with two replys hopefully it'll help make more sense of your problem :)
    • pokerigrac
      pokerigrac
      Basic
      Originally posted by MattDenness
      Your hand is determined by the best hand you can make using ANY 5 cards out of your 2 and the 5 community cards.

Hand 1)
      Because of this your opponent has A♥ A♣ 10♦ 10♦ K♣ (Two pair, A's and 10's with a K)
      You have K♣ K♣ 10♦ 10♦ A♥ (Two Pair, K's and 10's with an A)
      So because of this his Two Pair is better than yours.

Hand 2)
      This is the same as above, using the 5 best cards, He has A♣ A♥ 3♦ 3♦ K♣ (Two Pair, As and 3's with a K)
      You have K♣ K♦ 4♦ 4♠ A♥ (Two Pair, K's and 4's with an A)

You was winning both hands on the Flop (First 3 cards that comes) and then Turn (4th Card) as you had Two Pair where he only have One, the River (5th and final card) paired the board which ended up giving him Two Pair also.

Hope you understand? If not give us a shout and we'll try again :)

Edit - Seems Carl beta me to a reply but with two replys hopefully it'll help make more sense of your problem :)
      Thanks to both

I will try to figure it out,i am new in poker and still need to learn many things.anyway still don't get it why opponet is winner in example 2 when i have K and 4 in table while he have only A.He don't have 3 in his cards ?(
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      Don't worry about it we were all new to poker once upon a time :)

In example 2 you would have KK44A (two pair kings and 4s)

And opponent would have AA33K (two pair As and 3s)

When two or more players have 2 pair the highest 2 pair wins so if you have 7766K you would lose to somebody who was 9988K or you would beat somebody who had 66229 or whatever the situation is.

And again if you and another player both have 2 pair you both have the same high pair it goes to the low pair so if you had AAKKx you would beat somebody else who had AAQQx

Make more sense now?
      Carl
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      Originally posted by pokerigrac
      I will try to figure it out,i am new in poker and still need to learn many things.anyway still don't get it why opponet is winner in example 2 when i have K and 4 in table while he have only A.He don't have 3 in his cards ?(
      let's put it this way:

in the end there'll be 7 cards available (5 community cards + your 2 hole cards)
      so you should just pick the best 5 of those.

example 2:

available cards for you: K♦ 4♦ K♣ 4♠ A♥ 3♦ 3♦
      best pick from those: K♦ K♣ 4♦ 4♠ A♥

available cards for other guy: A♣ 5♥ K♣ 4♠ A♥ 3♦ 3♦
      best pick from those: A♣ A♥ 3♦ 3♦ K♣

as you see he has a better hand.

now just how in hell did that happen? when the board paired, it allowed him to make a better twopair combination by using only his A, since there's already one pair on the board which he can use.
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      Cheers for the further explanation Tomaloc :)

Is everything ok for you now pokerigrac? I see you're still a basic member and judging by your question you're just starting out in poker :f_cool:

Have you though of signing up to a Poker Room through us so that you can earn Strategy Points and start accessing our educational material.

As always, if you need some help give us a shout and I hope to see you around soon :]