This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] 22 Sb Nl10

• adamall
      adamall
      Bronze
      Opponent is playing 28/13 over 40 hands

Poker Stars, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

MP: $52.10 (521 bb)
      CO: $10 (100 bb)
      BTN: $19.80 (198 bb)
      Hero (SB): $11.92 (119.2 bb)
      BB: $10 (100 bb)
      UTG: $10 (100 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 2 2
      3 folds, BTN raises to $0.25, Hero calls $0.20, BB folds

Flop: ($0.60) T 2 9 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $0.40, Hero calls $0.40

Turn: ($1.40) Q (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $0.60, Hero calls $0.60

River: ($2.60) 3 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN checks

Results:
      $2.60 pot ($0.12 rake)
      Final Board: T 2 9 Q 3
      BTN mucked T A and lost (-$1.25 net)
      Hero showed 2 2 and won $2.48 ($1.23 net)

What are your thoughts on this hand??
  • 4 replies
    • yougotfelted51
      yougotfelted51
      Silver
      xr flop as it is so coordinated and there are a multitude of pairs/draws etc that will pay you off.

as played i would probably xr turn vs such a small barrel. i would think villain's range on turn consists of lots of pair +fd/pair +sd/sd+ fd etc. and then xc non-heart/straight rivers vs aggro opponent, and bet out vs passive one
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by yougotfelted51
      xr flop as it is so coordinated and there are a multitude of pairs/draws etc that will pay you off.

as played i would probably xr turn vs such a small barrel. i would think villain's range on turn consists of lots of pair +fd/pair +sd/sd+ fd etc. and then xc non-heart/straight rivers vs aggro opponent, and bet out vs passive one
      +1

Would also prefer c/r flop to build bigger flop with strong hand. Consider his turn bet size, I would also c/r that spot

best regards,
    • adamall
      adamall
      Bronze
      I think vs opponent's range that c/r flop here is not the most + ev play.

Vs a TAG i think he will snap fold everything but FD/monster draw and other sets.

Also by check calling we look very weak and can probably c/r turn and get at least 1 free bet (plus and Ah/Kh will probably call c/r)

Do you think the above statement is correct or do you still think that a reg will call down often enough for a c/r on flop.

I remember running his range in equilab and I am crushing everything he has on flop and turn overall so I don't think there is a need to protect here.

Of course all of this could be completley wrong so I would like to know what you think.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello adamall,

Flop: Check/Raise the flop, way too dangerous board to slowplay!

As played
      Turn: Not much to do than Check/Call it. Even if his Bet is weak then it's even more likely that he ain't gonna pay vs your Check/Raise and continue mainly strong hands.

Best Regards.