[NL2-NL10] 22 Sb Nl10

• adamall
      adamall
      Bronze
      Opponent is playing 28/13 over 40 hands

Poker Stars, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

MP: $52.10 (521 bb)
      CO: $10 (100 bb)
      BTN: $19.80 (198 bb)
      Hero (SB): $11.92 (119.2 bb)
      BB: $10 (100 bb)
      UTG: $10 (100 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 2 2
      3 folds, BTN raises to $0.25, Hero calls $0.20, BB folds

Flop: ($0.60) T 2 9 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $0.40, Hero calls $0.40

Turn: ($1.40) Q (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $0.60, Hero calls $0.60

River: ($2.60) 3 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN checks

Results:
      $2.60 pot ($0.12 rake)
      Final Board: T 2 9 Q 3
      BTN mucked T A and lost (-$1.25 net)
      Hero showed 2 2 and won $2.48 ($1.23 net)

What are your thoughts on this hand??
  • 4 replies
    • yougotfelted51
      yougotfelted51
      Bronze
      xr flop as it is so coordinated and there are a multitude of pairs/draws etc that will pay you off.

as played i would probably xr turn vs such a small barrel. i would think villain's range on turn consists of lots of pair +fd/pair +sd/sd+ fd etc. and then xc non-heart/straight rivers vs aggro opponent, and bet out vs passive one
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by yougotfelted51
      xr flop as it is so coordinated and there are a multitude of pairs/draws etc that will pay you off.

as played i would probably xr turn vs such a small barrel. i would think villain's range on turn consists of lots of pair +fd/pair +sd/sd+ fd etc. and then xc non-heart/straight rivers vs aggro opponent, and bet out vs passive one
      +1

Would also prefer c/r flop to build bigger flop with strong hand. Consider his turn bet size, I would also c/r that spot

best regards,
    • adamall
      adamall
      Bronze
      I think vs opponent's range that c/r flop here is not the most + ev play.

Vs a TAG i think he will snap fold everything but FD/monster draw and other sets.

Also by check calling we look very weak and can probably c/r turn and get at least 1 free bet (plus and Ah/Kh will probably call c/r)

Do you think the above statement is correct or do you still think that a reg will call down often enough for a c/r on flop.

I remember running his range in equilab and I am crushing everything he has on flop and turn overall so I don't think there is a need to protect here.

Of course all of this could be completley wrong so I would like to know what you think.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello adamall,

Flop: Check/Raise the flop, way too dangerous board to slowplay!

As played
      Turn: Not much to do than Check/Call it. Even if his Bet is weak then it's even more likely that he ain't gonna pay vs your Check/Raise and continue mainly strong hands.

Best Regards.