Hero raises to $1.50, MP folds, CO calls $1.50, BTN calls $1.50, 2 folds

Flop: ($5.25) 4 7 J (3 players)
      Hero bets $3.50, CO raises to $8, BTN folds, Hero calls $4.50

Turn: ($21.25) 6 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $12, Hero calls $12

River: ($45.25) 9 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $32, Hero calls $32

Anon table.

BTN seemed like a TAG on small sample, CO played 19/15 after 30 hands.

Preflop open is loose, but table was on the tighter side, so I opened more from any position than usually.
      Postflop? Being 160bb deep this flop raise on this dry board really frightened me... I didnt think that 3bet broke would be very good, cause mainly I'd go broke against 77/JJ. Is it good to apply "potcontrol" line here? I thought this way I could keep weird hands like AJ, slowplayed AA/KK or random bluffs (?) in the pot sometimes, if he decides to play them like that...
  • 5 replies
    • ttjjboy
      ttjjboy
      Bronze
      why u think pf open with 44 is loose? i open all the pps in all the positions

i think post flop is ok
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello pcfmcc02,

Preflop: Fold those PPs preflop, especially while BB has also short-stack.

As played
      Postflop: Difficult to fold anyways and most likely I would end up calling the flop & turn. Though river I'd really ask myself how many hands do we have beat there? He is capping the range there really towards bluffs only and might be a spot where I'd tend to lay down my hand even. He has to be overplaying KK/AA this way. :)

Best Regards.
    • ttjjboy
      ttjjboy
      Bronze
      hi ,veriz

what's ur utg openning range here? 88+ ATs+ AJ+?

if there'r mssers behind, we should be tighter? even he's in blinds?
    • duder1n0
      duder1n0
      Gold
      Originally posted by veriz
      Though river I'd really ask myself how many hands do we have beat there? He is capping the range there really towards bluffs only and might be a spot where I'd tend to lay down my hand even. He has to be overplaying KK/AA this way. :)
      Yeah, same thoughts on river, his large bet put me into an awkward spot...
      He showed AA, but I wasnt sure that my play was right at all, I agree that folding would have been better, as I didnt know him at all to make such "herocalls"...
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by ttjjboy
      hi ,veriz

what's ur utg openning range here? 88+ ATs+ AJ+?

if there'r mssers behind, we should be tighter? even he's in blinds?
      There is no basic or default range what I am opening from UTG. I'd even say I never used any charts for SH in the beginning (switched over from FR) and never will be using. You adjust according to the opponents, according that players you have behind you & on the blinds. Sometimes looser, sometimes tighter, basically the easiest way to understand the method what hands to raise would be open the article which posts 3 charts which should give you a clear image what hands to open.

Though I'd do still open 66+ PPs from UTG in this situation cause I feel 88+ only is way too tight.