Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG ($3.15) 32bb
      CO ($10.66) 107bb
      BTN ($17.85) 179bb
      SB ($3.88) 39bb
      cozacu (BB) ($10.89) 109bb

Pre-Flop: ($0.15, 5 players) cozacu is BB K:diamond: K:heart:
      2 folds, BTN raises to $0.30, 1 fold, cozacu raises to $1, BTN calls $0.70

Flop: Q:diamond: 2:heart: 4:heart: ($1.75, 2 players)
      cozacu checks, BTN bets $1.10, cozacu raises to $3, BTN raises to $7, cozacu goes all-in $6.89, BTN calls $2.89

Turn: J:spade: ($14.53, 2 players, 1 all-in)

River: 4:spade: ($14.53, 2 players, 1 all-in)

villain 25/15 af 3.0 ft3bet 50%(2) 3bet 15.2 wtsd 29 96hands

Standard or miss played?
  • 4 replies
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      what's the reason for going for c/r?

there are a number of reasons as to why cbetting should usually be better.
      mainly, it's easier to balance and it allows you to get it in against a wider range.

as played, it's pretty tough to get away while you went for such a line, but his range that continues there is rather narrow.
      in general the best way to extract max overall value is to just cbet the flop.
    • cozacu
      cozacu
      Bronze
      And Cbet/ broke to raise is standard?

I went for c/r on flop because i was expecting him to bet 100% of his range, and with a raise it would be easier for me to put my money in on the flop.
    • CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      If he bets 100 % of his range there, you are actually turning your hand into some sort of a bluff. If you want the best value here, you can bet and if you know he raises a lot there then 3-bet jam it. If he just calls, you can still extract value with 2nd barrel.
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      Originally posted by cozacu
      And Cbet/ broke to raise is standard?
      given relative positions and that it's a 3bet pot it can't be a mistake, considering non-nit dynamics :P
      he could raise draws and his good Qx.

Originally posted by cozacu
      I went for c/r on flop because i was expecting him to bet 100% of his range, and with a raise it would be easier for me to put my money in on the flop.
      what makes you think that he will bet 100% of his range, and what will continue against your c/r?
      can't we get more money against his overall range by just betting ourselves?
      i don't see much reason to refrain from just bet/bet/bet while he is rather unknown and we most likely don't have good reads.

even then, if he is aggressive enough he also most likely peels this flop wide, then maybe we could talk about cbet flop and c/shove the turn.
      but i think we just don't have yet enough information to deviate from the standard.