This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Can I play with my pokerstars.com in Spain?

• Vigpoe
      Vigpoe
      Bronze
      Hi there,

I am going from UK to Spain for holidays and I wondered if I will be able to play there with my pokerstars.com... Does anybody know about this?

Thank you very much.
  • 9 replies
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hello Vigpoe,

Unfortunately, you won't be able to access your PokerStars.com account in Spain.

How long are you in Spain for?

Ingrid
    • Vigpoe
      Vigpoe
      Bronze
      4-5 days. Do you want to come with me?

Vigpoe
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Vigpoe
      4-5 days. Do you want to come with me?

Vigpoe
      I'm already here :D :D

so where are you staying?
    • Vigpoe
      Vigpoe
      Bronze
      You mean... In Madrid?
    • pucilpet
      pucilpet
      Bronze
      Originally posted by IngridN
      Hello Vigpoe,

Unfortunately, you won't be able to access your PokerStars.com account in Spain.

How long are you in Spain for?

Ingrid
      Actually I think you can access the account but cannot play nor deposit. Atleast that's the case with Pokerstars.eu.

OP: When you are in Spain, you are restricted to play on Pokerstars.es. Your location is determined by your IP. There is a way to circumvent this but I strongly suggest not to try it as it might lead to your account being suspended.

Maybe Pokerstars can give you a "travellers pass" if you're itching to play while in Spain? I think I heard someone say that it could be possible but don't take my word for it.

You can also create an account to Pokerstars.es even if you're not a citizen.

- Petteri
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Thank you Petteri for that solid advice :)
    • Vigpoe
      Vigpoe
      Bronze
      Thank you pucilpet!

The thing is law there is rubbish since 6 months ago so there´s no point on creating a new account. I
    • pucilpet
      pucilpet
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Vigpoe
      Thank you pucilpet!

The thing is law there is rubbish since 6 months ago so there´s no point on creating a new account. I
      No problem at all.

Tell me about it! I'm stuck playing only on Pokerstars.es at the moment. The rake is pretty high but I guess the softness of the games compensates a bit.
    • Vigpoe
      Vigpoe
      Bronze
      The law is all a mess. People does not know if it will be fixed next year but for now, implies that you will be taxed for the investment; no the benefit. This is insane because you can get 300 bucks a month but if your bets are taxed, you would pay more money than what you´ve got... Crazy.