Can I play with my pokerstars.com in Spain?

• Vigpoe
      Vigpoe
      Bronze
      Hi there,

I am going from UK to Spain for holidays and I wondered if I will be able to play there with my pokerstars.com... Does anybody know about this?

Thank you very much.
  • 9 replies
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hello Vigpoe,

Unfortunately, you won't be able to access your PokerStars.com account in Spain.

How long are you in Spain for?

Ingrid
    • Vigpoe
      Vigpoe
      Bronze
      4-5 days. Do you want to come with me?

Vigpoe
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Vigpoe
      4-5 days. Do you want to come with me?

Vigpoe
      I'm already here :D :D

so where are you staying?
    • Vigpoe
      Vigpoe
      Bronze
      You mean... In Madrid?
    • pucilpet
      pucilpet
      Bronze
      Originally posted by IngridN
      Hello Vigpoe,

Unfortunately, you won't be able to access your PokerStars.com account in Spain.

How long are you in Spain for?

Ingrid
      Actually I think you can access the account but cannot play nor deposit. Atleast that's the case with Pokerstars.eu.

OP: When you are in Spain, you are restricted to play on Pokerstars.es. Your location is determined by your IP. There is a way to circumvent this but I strongly suggest not to try it as it might lead to your account being suspended.

Maybe Pokerstars can give you a "travellers pass" if you're itching to play while in Spain? I think I heard someone say that it could be possible but don't take my word for it.

You can also create an account to Pokerstars.es even if you're not a citizen.

- Petteri
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Silver
      Thank you Petteri for that solid advice :)
    • Vigpoe
      Vigpoe
      Bronze
      Thank you pucilpet!

The thing is law there is rubbish since 6 months ago so there´s no point on creating a new account. I
    • pucilpet
      pucilpet
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Vigpoe
      Thank you pucilpet!

The thing is law there is rubbish since 6 months ago so there´s no point on creating a new account. I
      No problem at all.

Tell me about it! I'm stuck playing only on Pokerstars.es at the moment. The rake is pretty high but I guess the softness of the games compensates a bit.
    • Vigpoe
      Vigpoe
      Bronze
      The law is all a mess. People does not know if it will be fixed next year but for now, implies that you will be taxed for the investment; no the benefit. This is insane because you can get 300 bucks a month but if your bets are taxed, you would pay more money than what you´ve got... Crazy.