Bronze
      Poker Stars $0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em - 3 players - View hand 1971733
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

SB: $9.75
      Hero (BB): $25.00
      BTN: $26.01

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is BB with 9 :heart: 9 :diamond:
      1 fold, SB calls $0.15, Hero raises to $1, SB calls $0.75

Flop: ($2.00) K :club: Q :spade: 3 :heart: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($2.00) Q :diamond: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1, SB calls $1

River: ($4.00) 5 :diamond: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1.50, SB folds

I think that up until the river it should be OK. River is just too thin + I give him the opportunity to bluff.
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Avatars91,

Curious really. :D What makes you think he ever bluffs river? I just can't see why would he do that?

Best Regards.
      Bronze
      Curious really. What makes you think he ever bluffs river? I just can't see why would he do that?

True, I don't expect that to be a very important factor, but it still shouldn't be impossible given that I bet so small, which might induce a bluff. Though, are there many hands in his range that he decides to turn into a bluff? It looks more like a pure bluffcatcher range.

Anyway, does it mean that the river bet is not too thin? There could be value from smaller PPs + Ax. But I am also beat by Kx, TT, JJ.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Avatars91
      Curious really. What makes you think he ever bluffs river? I just can't see why would he do that?

True, I don't expect that to be a very important factor, but it still shouldn't be impossible given that I bet so small, which might induce a bluff. Though, are there many hands in his range that he decides to turn into a bluff? It looks more like a pure bluffcatcher range.

Anyway, does it mean that the river bet is not too thin? There could be value from smaller PPs + Ax. But I am also beat by Kx, TT, JJ.
      Your question was about bluff-catching the river raise, as I said he doesn't raise the river. :) Betting for thin value is possible there still vs weaker PPs.