Bronze
      Poker Stars $25.00 No Limit Hold'em - 4 players - View hand 1971736
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BTN: $7.75 - VPIP: 26, PFR: 6, 3B: 14, AF: 1,0, Hands: 31
      Hero (SB): $26.82 - VPIP: 21, PFR: 18, 3B: 5, AF: 4,8, Hands: 90087
      BB: $25.00 - VPIP: 69, PFR: 48, 3B: 0, AF: 2,1, Hands: 29
      CO: $26.01 - VPIP: 17, PFR: 15, 3B: 7, AF: 3,9, Hands: 350

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is SB with A :club: A :heart:
      1 fold, BTN calls $0.25, Hero raises to $1.15, BB calls $0.90, BTN calls $0.90

Flop: ($3.45) 3 :club: 7 :heart: 5 :club: (3 players)
      Hero bets $2.00, BB calls $2, BTN folds

Turn: ($7.45) 4 :spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $5.00, BB calls $5

River: ($17.45) A :spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $7.00, BB raises to $14, Hero folds

Both opponents seem loose and possibly bad.

I decided to bet a bit smaller for value than I usually would on this flop because I was afraid that both of the opponents would perceive a bigger bet as being very strong because it should be clear that I am willing to play for stacks vs the SS. However, I think now that they likely are bad enough not to notice/understand this and I should therefore really bet bigger for protection + value.

1) Would you agree with a $2.75 bet on the flop?

I also guess that the turnbet is still a must vs FDs + weaker pairs (even overpairs).

However,

2) What to do on the river!?

I think we shouldn't be betting as most weaker pairs likely would just fold. We could consider blockbetting though.
      Though I think we may just check and make our decision depending on his sizing + timing -> if he bets big+fast we fold. If not, he should be able to turn his busted FDs into bluffs.
  • 6 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Avatars91,

Most likely just end up block-bet/Folding cause vs a bigger bet we ain't able to Call and would have to fold. Though Bet the flop bigger for value vs those station.

Best Regards.
      Bronze
      Given that the BB has ~$17.00 left and the pot is $17.45, how big a blockbet would be optimal?

$5.00?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Avatars91
      Given that the BB has ~$17.00 left and the pot is $17.45, how big a blockbet would be optimal?

$5.00?
      1/3 of the pot would be my usual sizing.
    • Ghartman
      Ghartman
      Bronze
      Hi, I'm a little confused by this hand. Are we putting villain only on a six or two here? Couldn't he play his sets and maybe 2 pair, stubborn A7s/A5s kind of hands, like this as well, thinking he's raising the river for value against what looks like a strong 1 pair type hand/busted :club: draw? I would have serious problems folding in this spot......
      Bronze
      Hi, I'm a little confused by this hand. Are we putting villain only on a six or two here? Couldn't he play his sets and maybe 2 pair, stubborn A7s/A5s kind of hands, like this as well, thinking he's raising the river for value against what looks like a strong 1 pair type hand/busted draw? I would have serious problems folding in this spot......

He is basically never raising with his sets/2pair or whatever hand that is not a straight – why raise with them and isolate yourself vs a stronger range on such a dangerous board?
      And he is probably also not bluffing given that I have invested so much already and it is difficult for him to assume that he has any fold equity given the stack sizes left OTR (although he does – he just can't be sure without knowing me better).
      I also look pretty strong here and I would never play a 1 pair hand this way so my range is very strong.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Avatars91
      Hi, I'm a little confused by this hand. Are we putting villain only on a six or two here? Couldn't he play his sets and maybe 2 pair, stubborn A7s/A5s kind of hands, like this as well, thinking he's raising the river for value against what looks like a strong 1 pair type hand/busted draw? I would have serious problems folding in this spot......

He is basically never raising with his sets/2pair or whatever hand that is not a straight – why raise with them and isolate yourself vs a stronger range on such a dangerous board?
      And he is probably also not bluffing given that I have invested so much already and it is difficult for him to assume that he has any fold equity given the stack sizes left OTR (although he does – he just can't be sure without knowing me better).
      I also look pretty strong here and I would never play a 1 pair hand this way so my range is very strong.
      Kindish, he has to be really stupid to value-raise sets. :D Nor I doubt that we going to see many bluffs this way.