Realization

• FrozenRope
      FrozenRope
      Bronze
      I used to play live limit in the indian Casions nearby and did rather well. Haven't played limit in a long time however since the wave of NL games available.

I have come to realize that I'm probably a better limit player than NL after looking at my stats in Holdem manager my feelings were verified.

In 9386 hands of Limit $W $274.43 - 16.30BB/100- VPIP 23.4- PFR 8.5- 3Bet% 4.7- WTSD% 37.7- W$SD% 58.8 - AGG 1.95- AGG% 43.3

IN NL

Played 7050 $W -$99.00 - 5.67bb/100 - VPIP 21.7 - PFR 9.5 - 3Bet% 3.1
      WTSD% 24.2 - W$SD% 51.4 - AGG 2.32 - Agg % 30.7

Not sure how to post my stats directly. I will play only limit for awhile and see if I can't move up in limits. Currently playing $.25-$.50 6max and a little FR
  • 9 replies
    • TerrorBlade
      TerrorBlade
      Black
      Well... Looking at the limit stats especially, for a 38% WTSD which is quite standard 59% winrate at showdown is really high so you must be running well, and 16.3bb/100 is not a realistic actual winrate, more like 2-4bb/100 at the lower limits is possible, also your ratio of VPIP/PFR is too high with a VPIP of 23 you need a PFR of ~18-19, so you're calling too much PF instead of raising.

The same applies to your NL the vpip/pfr is too high.

In short you can't tell if you're better at one or the other from these few hands, GL with the limit anyways and post hands in the forum =)
    • FrozenRope
      FrozenRope
      Bronze
      I apperciate your thoughts and comments, mostly playing 6max limit the tables get shorthanded often so that effects my VPIP. I do limp to much and I'm working on that. Limping mostly in position with 22-88 and suited connecters.

I'm working on closing the gap between the VP and PFR, The good thing is Rome wasn't built in a day and my game won't improve over night.

I do think my game is getting better thanks to this great site that offers so much. I love watching the videos, I have always wanted a stoxspoker membership but can't afford the fee, have stoxtrader making videos here is amazing bonus for a low limit grinder.

The stats that I have are small as I only started on this site with the capitol of $50 on June 8th. With proper BR management and my work ethic I think I should eventually beable to become a midstake winning grinder.
    • TerrorBlade
      TerrorBlade
      Black
      What charts do you use to play SH? The silver chart in the strategy section is what you should be using (or the approx chart) so if you follow that to the tee then your ratio should be perfect =)

I love the videos too! My favourite part of PS.

Gl at the tables!
    • FrozenRope
      FrozenRope
      Bronze
      I'm using the SHC (BS) from time to time I do get away from it abit. If this is the wrong chart which one should I use. After watching all of Stoxtraders video's again, by the way he is just an amazing speaker, he explains his thoughts so well and so rapidly it is great to learn from.

It is amazing the other players that play this game format. Noticing 1 hell of alot of players with VP >30+ and PFR <4. It does pay to play TAG and pick your spots wisly.

I read your blog, great advances you have made with your game. One day I will oneday write one myself.
    • TerrorBlade
      TerrorBlade
      Black
      I totally agree about the stox videos, how he is really articulate with his theory and he's easy to understand etc. It's a pity we only have a few at this site =(

I think the chart I use is phased out now, come to think of it I think the one ur using from the bronze section is correct. I'm about to start using the"approx" charts soon which is a FR/SH chart based on squeezing every last bit of equity out of your hands based on different opponents etc.

Start a blog now! Write down your goals and progress so far, maybe even some interesting hands you made then you can read back to when you played the "micro" $5/$10 limit :D

Here's hoping stox does some more vids for us in the future :)
    • FrozenRope
      FrozenRope
      Bronze
      Thanks for letting me know, not much is catered to the FL 6max most is geared towards FR. If you have a link to the chart you use it may help.

I don't know stoxstrader or his deal he has with PS but it may be a conflict of interest for him to continue with PS with the success of his site and the many many many paying customers. I'm happy for anything that he does for this community and hop he does more videos for PS.

I will get around to a blog this week sometime. Will be nice to look back and see the countless hours I played for pennies.
    • FrozenRope
      FrozenRope
      Bronze
      TerrorBlade just like to say thank you for you excellent video. After watching your video I was in fact using the wrong charts. I was using the BSS chart for NL I believe. Started to use the charts you have in the video my stats are in fact more in line now, the $$$ however have yet to start flowing in.
    • TerrorBlade
      TerrorBlade
      Black
      Haha lol the FL and NL charts aren't interchangeable.

And thanks for the compliment I've got some more videos in the works as well... ;)
    • FrozenRope
      FrozenRope
      Bronze
      Thats great to hear TerrorBlade your video was great look forward to your future video's.

I feel like such an ass using the wrong charts, not that I was losing using them actually was doing rather well with them. I had printed out all the charts and have them all handy as I play just mixed them up, your video made it clear lol