SB: $20.21
      BB: $13.02
      UTG: $20.75
      MP: $25.40
      CO: $45.20

Villain is kinda fishy, I have 14 hands on him and he is 36/14

SB posts SB $0.12, BB posts BB $0.25

Pre Flop: ($0.37) Hero has A:spade: K:club:

UTG raises to $1.00, fold, fold, Hero raises to $3.00, fold, fold, UTG calls $2.00

Flop: ($6.37, 2 players) T:heart: T:spade: 5:heart:
      UTG checks, Hero bets $4.25, UTG calls $4.25

Turn: ($14.87, 2 players) K:spade:
      UTG checks, Hero checks

River: ($14.87, 2 players) 8:spade:
      UTG bets $1.50, Hero raises to $4.80, UTG raises to $8.10, Hero calls $3.30

I check on the turn to induce a bluff. Now that I think about it I should have bet the turn for value and protection since the turn was a spade. But as played I don't like my river 3bet call here either. I can only beat KQ and KJ and even those aren't likely.
      Should my line here be bet flop, bet turn, call river?
  • 3 replies
    • duder1n0
      I'd checkbehind flop against fishy player, you wont make him fold any PP on this board, and dont really have backdoors to barrel, and you dont even know he is worth barreling (capable to fold).
      Bet/fold turn/river for value.
      As played, fold river to his 3bet, I dont think you'd be good often enough (if ever) against a river min3bet with TPTK on this board...
    • veriz
      Hello prevolsek,

Flop: Check behind is kinda of standard for me as well whilst we are 3betting vs UTG and I doubt that he has tons of worse hands from UTG which calls aka we can't Bet it for value here. Cause clearly we have rather little fold equity vs made hands.

As played
      Turn: Bet for value? What do you mean "wanted to bluff-induce? Why would you want to bluff-induce whilst you should be focusing on how to get his stack in? Might even protect from draws.

As played
      River: Why would you make such a small raise? :f_eek: Please explain me. :P Why not just SHOVE vs his stack left?

And you are asking about "should I call the river", why? weren't you "inducing" the turn? Though obviously it didn't work out cause you expected him to shove but now you are just capping the range what he would have paid on the turn what doesn't do on the river.

Best Regards.
    • prevolsek
      I agree check flop against UTG, then bet for value and protection, since I'm ahead most of times.