Flop: ($3.50) 3 8 7 (2 players)
      SB bets $2.50, Hero raises to $7.50, SB calls $5

Turn: ($18.50) 2 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks

River: ($18.50) 6 (2 players)
      SB bets $18.50, Hero folds

Anon table.

SB played 29/29 after 17 hands.

Flop raise with gutshot + overs? I can continue on any 9/T/J/.
  • 4 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello pcfmcc02,

Well, it's of course considerable but then again why would you Check behind the turn? You make your hand quite easy to read and I really doubt that you going to end up with profit with this kind of play whilst you have a really weak draw which doesn't have clean outs nor the overs don't work clean.

Best Regards.
    • duder1n0
      duder1n0
      Gold
      Originally posted by veriz
      Well, it's of course considerable but then again why would you Check behind the turn?
      Do you mean that after flop raise, I should barrel even such a bad turncard as 2? I was ready to continue on some turns, but this one seemed really awkward for barreling him off something like 99/A8s/etc...

But yeah, maybe flop move is not the best one to begin with, cause my backdoor equity is quite thin here...
    • prevolsek
      prevolsek
      Silver
      I also wouldn't bet the turn probably if it was me playing :D ... But now that I think about it a raise/fold on the turn would be much better. There are a lot of hands in his range that he would call a reraise with (x :club: x :club: , OESD, 8x, and perhaps even overcards) but would fold to a 3/4pot 2nd barrel.
      Also you still might be able to hit a 9, and this was a blind battle. I think a lot of players play bit too loose in this spots and this increases the % of times he will call your flop reraise with crap.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by pcfmcc02
      Originally posted by veriz
      Well, it's of course considerable but then again why would you Check behind the turn?
      Do you mean that after flop raise, I should barrel even such a bad turncard as 2? I was ready to continue on some turns, but this one seemed really awkward for barreling him off something like 99/A8s/etc...

But yeah, maybe flop move is not the best one to begin with, cause my backdoor equity is quite thin here...
      What's the point of raising the flop in first place then? :) You ain't even ahead vs his FD type of holdings. Exactly it's a blank which means we are continuing our strong hand. Wouldn't consider raising in first place such boards if I don't have a plan for the turn.