UTG: $6.76 - VPIP: 20, PFR: 20, 3B: 0, AF: 0.0, Hands: 44
      MP: $2.39 - VPIP: 29, PFR: 14, 3B: 17, AF: 0.0, Hands: 21
      Hero (CO): $5.00 - VPIP: 21, PFR: 16, 3B: 4, AF: 2.0, Hands: 42074
      BTN: $10.52 - VPIP: 22, PFR: 8, 3B: 0, AF: 2.5, Hands: 37
      SB: $6.86 - VPIP: 33, PFR: 10, 3B: 0, AF: 3.5, Hands: 21
      BB: $5.00 - VPIP: 12, PFR: 10, 3B: 9, AF: 0.0, Hands: 42

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero is CO with K :heart: Q :spade:
      1 fold, MP raises to $0.20, Hero calls $0.20, 3 folds

Flop: ($0.47) 3 :heart: A :spade: 9 :club: (2 players)
      MP checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($0.47) 2 :diamond: (2 players)
      MP bets $0.30, Hero calls $0.30

River: ($1.07) K :diamond: (2 players)
      MP checks, Hero checks
  • 15 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Imimba1,

Preflop: What's the reason for calling here? He ain't even fully stacked and opens from MP + 4bb.

As played
      Postflop: Fold it on the turn instead, if he wanted to bluff he could just have done it on the flop. :)

Best Regards.
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello Imimba1,

Preflop: What's the reason for calling here? He ain't even fully stacked and opens from MP + 4bb.

As played
      Postflop: Fold it on the turn instead, if he wanted to bluff he could just have done it on the flop. :)

Best Regards.
      PReflop: I just feel like it would be very weak to fold it. I imagine this hand in a television poker competition, and there is no way someone would fold it. I mean, there is absolutely no way Tom Dwan, or Tony G folding this hand in that position.
      I should have a postflop plan: if I hit, going broke. If not, i may attempt to float. Folding on turn is standard, I agree
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Imimba1
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello Imimba1,

As played

Best Regards.
      PReflop: I just feel like it would be very weak to fold it. I imagine this hand in a television poker competition, and there is no way someone would fold it. I mean, there is absolutely no way Tom Dwan, or Tony G folding this hand in that position.
      I should have a postflop plan: if I hit, going broke. If not, i may attempt to float. Folding on turn is standard, I agree
      Seems like you are playing every single hand as you would be on television. Cause you really looking for attention with every single hand.
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      Would you really fold this hand? I mean, really? It really blows my mind. KQ?
    • CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      I'd play this hand against him. His being very passive and that turn bet just looks like a weak bluff. Guess he had bet with any ace on his range already on the flop.

Although it's guestionable whether you shoud call that turn or not, you might even be ahead from time to time.
    • patszerdonk
      patszerdonk
      Bronze
      The problems:
      1. There are 3 players can squeeze and you will be in trouble.
      2. We don't have enough info about Villain (MP) yet. What is his range preflop? What is his postflop tendencies/weaknesses, etc.
      3. KQ is a trouble hand for calling PF.
      If "A" on the flop:
      will you call cbet? will you bet if he check?
      If low cards on the flop:
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by patszerdonk
      The problems:
      1. There are 3 players can squeeze and you will be in trouble.
      2. We don't have enough info about Villain (MP) yet. What is his range preflop? What is his postflop tendencies/weaknesses, etc.
      3. KQ is a trouble hand for calling PF.
      If "A" on the flop:
      If low cards on the flop:
      Very well put. :) You also have to start think more about why you calling preflop and understanding the reason + having postflop plan.
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      Something must be really wrong with me.
      1) Squezze is rare on nl5, I dont even have to be afraid.
      2) Just because he's unknown, his range beats ours? Would you fold KQ against unknown? In HU it's standard call or 3bet, but NEVER fold.
      3) I have a plan: If I hit TP I go broke, if not I dont.

IS KQ weaker than I think it is?? Just because AQ, and AK dominates it?

I'm NOT trying to be funny or something here, I really dont understand this.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      2) Just because he's unknown, his range beats ours? Would you fold KQ against unknown? In HU it's standard call or 3bet, but NEVER fold.

1. I agree that a squeeze shouldnt be the first thing on our mind but it should be as you move up in the limits.

2. You've said this at least once before. What does HU have to do with 6 max? There are 4 extra players in 6 max. With this same logic you could say that at FR we should open a 6 max range because there's only 3 more players so if a hand is a open/call at 6 max it should be at FR too.

We are not playing HU which means that ranges are not the same. HU we never fold because our hand stands to be a LOT better when only 4 cards are dealt versus 12 cards (and villain plays more hands than at 6 max).

KQ doesn't hit often and you have a short guy that may not fold a lot to our bluffs so yes this hand can get us in a bit of trouble.

3. The plan you have is not good enough. You do see that you only have a plan for when you hit. Guess what? We hit the board less than 33% of the time (with a pair, let alone TP). How about the other times (we get a draw 7-8% of the time)?

Saying that you don't go broke if you don't flop TP is not good enough because you have other spots to think about. Exactly what Pat pointed out.
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BogdanPS

1. I agree that a squeeze shouldnt be the first thing on our mind but it should be as you move up in the limits.

2. You've said this at least once before. What does HU have to do with 6 max? There are 4 extra players in 6 max. With this same logic you could say that at FR we should open a 6 max range because there's only 3 more players so if a hand is a open/call at 6 max it should be at FR too.

We are not playing HU which means that ranges are not the same. HU we never fold because our hand stands to be a LOT better when only 4 cards are dealt versus 12 cards (and villain plays more hands than at 6 max).

KQ doesn't hit often and you have a short guy that may not fold a lot to our bluffs so yes this hand can get us in a bit of trouble.

3. The plan you have is not good enough. You do see that you only have a plan for when you hit. Guess what? We hit the board less than 33% of the time (with a pair, let alone TP). How about the other times (we get a draw 7-8% of the time)?

Saying that you don't go broke if you don't flop TP is not good enough because you have other spots to think about. Exactly what Pat pointed out.
      Wow, VERY nice reply, thanks a lot! This is really useful!
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      still awesome
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1