[NL2-NL10] sb KK, AI on turn

• Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      Poker Stars $5.00 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BTN: $4.47 - VPIP: 46, PFR: 24, 3B: 17, AF: 1,3, Hands: 41, limp:1/22, WTS:29,
      Hero (SB): $5.00 - VPIP: 21, PFR: 16, 3B: 4, AF: 2,0, Hands: 42074
      BB: $8.67 - VPIP: 16, PFR: 16, 3B: 11, AF: 3,0, Hands: 31
      UTG: $15.75 - VPIP: 21, PFR: 13, 3B: 22, AF: 0,0, Hands: 24
      CO: $7.32 - VPIP: 29, PFR: 29, 3B: 0, AF: 0,0, Hands: 21

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero is SB with K :heart: K :diamond:
      UTG calls $0.05, 1 fold, BTN calls $0.05, Hero raises to $0.38, 2 folds, BTN calls $0.33

Flop: ($0.86) 8 :heart: 3 :spade: 4 :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.58, BTN calls $0.58

Turn: ($2.02) 5 :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.44, BTN raises to $3.51, Hero calls $2.07

River: ($9.04) 9 :spade: (2 players)

öthárom treff
  • 11 replies
    • CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      Hello,

First of all, don't just press the pot button on poker software when you have a hand, count the bet yourself. 4xpot+1bb for every limper + 1bb for playing OOP, so it makes excactly 0.35 :)

Button could call you with reversed implied odds there, so we would have to be a bit afraid of set there. I guess he could go all-in anyway with TT+, so you are going to play for stacks here, IMO. Especially when he is fishy one, so he could even go broke with A9 etc.

WP
    • yougotfelted51
      yougotfelted51
      Bronze
      villain is so passive, i would think that bet/folding turn would be the best line here. if villain has just 8x here he will most likely continue to check call. i think his range is weighted heavily towards sets/2 pair hands etc
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Imimba1,

Problem on the turn is that you ain't doing very good there. Even though you may think that he shoves overpairs you will more often face strong trappy hands. Therefore prefer Bet/Folding over going broke.

Best Regards.
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello Imimba1,

Problem on the turn is that you ain't doing very good there. Even though you may think that he shoves overpairs you will more often face strong trappy hands. Therefore prefer Bet/Folding over going broke.

Best Regards.
      He had 5 :club: 3 :club: .
      How can I be prepeared for that? ?(
      He is SO LOOSE, so F__IN LOOSE.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Imimba1
      Hello Imimba1,

Best Regards.
      He had 5 :club: 3 :club: .
      How can I be prepeared for that? ?(
      He is SO LOOSE, so F__IN LOOSE.
      You can't, just wait for better spot. :)
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      But I mean, in these spots I say to myself: It was just bad luck. He had 53, pfffff.
      He sucked out, he outdrawed, he didnt play better. Its easy to win if you get 2p with a crappy hand. It's really just bad luck.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      But I mean, in these spots I say to myself: It was just bad luck. He had 53, pfffff.
      He sucked out, he outdrawed, he didnt play better. Its easy to win if you get 2p with a crappy hand. It's really just bad luck.
      Well, I doubt so that you only say that he had luck. :P I'd rather say that you have some kind of tilting problem in your game, especially if you get beaten. You start to make really loose call-downs and spewy moves, that I can tell just seeing few hands, most likely would see a lot more if I'd see your game. But those spots happen very often in poker and you have to live with it.
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      Well, I doubt so that you only say that he had luck. :P I'd rather say that you have some kind of tilting problem in your game, especially if you get beaten. You start to make really loose call-downs and spewy moves, that I can tell just seeing few hands, most likely would see a lot more if I'd see your game. But those spots happen very often in poker and you have to live with it.
      Yes you are right.

Back to this hand, about the bet sizes:
      We got an SPR 4,2 on the flop. So there are 2 pot sized bets left. If we Cbet the flop FOR VALUE, then we can't backup on the turn, unless a very ugly card comes, which didnt.
      I mean, we have to plan our hand. Preflop we created a very nice SPR for our overpair hand. We should stick to it.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Yes you are right.

Back to this hand, about the bet sizes:
      We got an SPR 4,2 on the flop. So there are 2 pot sized bets left. If we Cbet the flop FOR VALUE, then we can't backup on the turn, unless a very ugly card comes, which didnt.
      I mean, we have to plan our hand. Preflop we created a very nice SPR for our overpair hand. We should stick to it.
      Against such a fish, on this board, why wouldn't we go big on the flop and shove turn?

So raise big preflop (like you did) but bet bigger on flop and shove turn.
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze