BB: $4.64
      UTG: $8.32
      MP: $2.11
      Hero (CO): $6.66

SB posts SB $0.02, BB posts BB $0.05

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.07) Hero has 2:diamond: A:diamond:

fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.20, fold, fold, BB calls $0.15

Flop: ($0.42, 2 players) A:heart: 2:heart: T:heart:
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.25, BB raises to $0.95, Hero?

PF: Slightly loose open, could have waited to get more statistics on each player. However, would be a good hand to crack sets with.

F: I bet to protect myself against possible draws and to get value from single-paired aces. When he check/raises then I know that he at least has a piece of this board, possibly just a draw but it's more likely he has an ace to go with his draw if he does.

He could also have a completed flush or trips, but this is relatively unlikely but should still be taken into account of his range evaluation.

I give him the following of trips two-pairs, possible flushes, pairs and flush-draws as well as Ax hands.

Board: A:heart: 2:heart: T:heart:
             Equity     Win     Tie
      MP2    47.51%  45.93%   1.57% { Ad2d }
      MP3    52.49%  50.92%   1.57% { TT, JdJh, JhJs, JhJc, 9d9h, 9h9s, 9h9c, KhQh, QhJh, JhTh, Th9h, 9h8h, 8h7h, ATo+, KdQh, KhQd, KhQs, KhQc, KsQh, KcQh }

Slightly behind his range, so I should fold in this situation since I'm not getting near good enough pot odds to re-raise/jam.
  • 2 replies
    • CPallo

Is he aggressive or passive opponent? Because if he's a tag, he should/could bet bb with KJ+, (88)99+, AT+, even A7s+, so it narrows his range a lot.

As played, betting is right thing to do, but when he check/raises there he tells you, that he might have the nuts. If he is capable of doing crazy moves like that with K-draw or air, you could call it and reevaluate the turn. But most of the time on this level people don't check-raise this flop, so it might be better to fold coz you don't have that many outs to improve.
    • veriz
      Hello Raknyo,

Betting bigger here is kind of must, we need to protect our hand and avoid raises. Cause once we get raised we are in crappy spot, even vs a FD your equity will be pretty bad. Though the guy may have already made hands and even stronger. Therefore the line unfortunately on such a board should be Bet/Fold.

Best Regards.