I play poker: epic failure, start again

• peddy53
      peddy53
      Bronze
      As the title says although I earn the money, she gets it. But, we men have to admit, women are better at handling money than men except for the shopping sprees part. As long as you don’t give them your cards you should be ok :D .

Why to create a blog?
      Well have been a lurker on this site for a while :) , and there is some really good blogs and some good videos so I want to do something from my poker life as I have been quitting poker and coming back.

About me: I’m a 34 year old Portuguese boy (or so I think) that works in a very stressful environment. With a lovely and Latvian wife and we live very happy in the UK (go figure).
      I met poker in 2009 and started playing a whopping 12/7 style at FR. I think I still have some hands on an old computer. Ended up with over $1000 BR playing nl25 but I got together with my wife, girlfriend at the time and withdrew the bankroll to rent the house.
      In October 2010 decided to open an account on Full Tilt and started grinding from $200 nl10 and with help of some videos playing a better style 14/10 and moved up to nl50 where I lost 8 buy ins. As I never experienced a downswing before i thought very hard and withdrew around $1600 of the money that I have earned and paid the tv, the washing machine and the fridge. So once again I was left with no bankroll, leaving about $90.
      After not playing for a while, I then grinded those $90 into $800 playing rush MSS FR. And then Black Friday happened. Yeeeeepeeh lets withdraw my money before Full Tilt closes =) .
      Since then I played on Pokerstars FR up to nl10 but never really created or done anything with poker. I have an account on WPT poker with a very small BR where is play fast tables(thank you WPT for the free offer). I have there about €53.
      On Stars I have about $120 and on Full Tilt $81

My dreams:
      :heart: Utopia: Being able to play poker full time. (Go to Latvia and just grind there some money, where my wife comes, because she lives far away from Riga, the cost of life is dead cheap) :f_love:
      :spade: Very good dream: play as a semi pro, bringing half of my income and the other half of income comes from me stacking shelves at tesco or other supermarket as this must be the most stress free job ever. :f_grin:
      Present: Work in a factory with a very stressful job and a very stressful life. :f_mad:

What do I want from Poker:
      Since I started working I always had very stressful jobs or stress commuting home. (In Lisbon to cross a bridge to go home sometimes can take up to 2 hours what you can do normally in15 minutes)
      SO, I want to see if I can get one of my dreams =)

:club: How is it going to be:
      I want to learn how to play 6max as taking aside the major sites, there is no other site with that many FR tables and I don’t like Ipoker.
      I need to have at least 30BI for the next level (please tell me if it is too aggressive BRM). And can only take shots on the next level if I earned at least 1 buy in for that level.
      Create a sufficient bankroll that when I’m ready to move to nl50 I can then get coaching without taking a big dent on my BR.

At the moment:
      So I opened an account on Unibet(through PS of course :f_love: ), on the 26th of October and deposited there £100, that gave me a total of €124.
      All my stars money will be transferred to Full Tilt and have 20BI to play nl10 Rush 6max
      Since then I played about 13k hands from nl4 , up to nl10 and nl20. My BR currently stands at €350 with rakeback taken.

If you are still with me, here goals for this month:
      :diamond: Get €500 on my account
      :diamond:P lay about 30-50k hands of 6max and at least end up break even (I am learning so cant expect much but rakeback)
      :diamond:P ost at least 10 hands in the forum (winning or losing, as long as I feel I didn’t play the hand well)
      :diamond:D o not play when I feel tired
      :diamond: Achieve Platinum status ( first time ever gogogo) so I can see some more cool videos and strategy articles
      :diamond: Cook around 5pm at night everyday (yes I’m the one who cooks, she does the rest) so I can play poker from 630 until 9 or 10 pm

My short term goal is to get a BR of €500 and start grinding the nl20 tables so by December (hopefully) I can buy mrs peddy a dishwasher for Xmas. Otherwise I will have to work a lot of overtime for it.
      I am a firm believer that in poker if you win, it comes to a point that the money is not yours, so you can lose it and that’s why by offering that present to my wife, my €124 will be out and its all profit from then onwards.

And now if you haven’t fell asleep some graphs and stats from last month( there is €50 missing and 4k hands of nl10 as I had to make 1 computer out of 3) and this week.

Last month

This month, just yesterday so far :f_grin:

photo upload

My stats so far

upload pictures

And my BR at UB

image hosting sites

ATB
      Peddy
  • 6 replies
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hey peddy53, how is it going? And big welcome to our blogs section! :)
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Hi peddy53,
      Have fun with your goals and I'd like to wish you luck with bankroll building as well, but I think you've got that covered. :)

I also think your dishwasher goal is a very honourable one. I spend my winnings on mrs gadget.

Run good,

Mal.
    • pucilpet
      pucilpet
      Bronze
      Good luck with your goals! There certainly isn't anything better than a satistied Mrs! ;)
    • Krist2ps
      Krist2ps
      Bronze
      Good luck! :)

Hehe, it's nice to see that someones goal is come to Latvia :P I also live far from Riga, it's cheap, nice and quiet - but you get bored after 23 years :f_biggrin:
    • peddy53
      peddy53
      Bronze
      long time no post.
      Due to being christmas time and during this time was busier than ever, working around 80 hours a week ended up buying the dishwasher but with overtime money :rolleyes:

So trying to play max was almost a total and epic failure :D . was not expecting that kind of variance plus stopped smoking and losing big pots=very high tilt which ended up with me breaking 3 mice in my head (yes in my head as it was my fault for calling).
      So one more issue to resolve.
      Ended up losing all my profits, so had to go back to the drawing board.

Looking back I tried to do too much with not so much time and needed to get some lower and steadier targets.
      It is a ball ache and my plan is at the moment :

Have 25 buy in for nl4 6max on Unibet - which I have a bit more now as I won a little bit back, got my timer script ready and we are good to go and to learn :D

Have a roll at Pokerstars to play FR - I split half the money on unibet and stars. This now gives me the opportunity to gring 17-20 tables nl2 FR 250bb deep.

Have no hands expected per month - my work unfortunately does not allow me to get a few hands so will do as many as I can really

Tilt control - when losing more than 3 buy ins, call it a day. As well finding the fold button sometimes help as well :f_biggrin:

Unibet is a great site but playing there, I think its rigged for the fishes side and leave the regs only with the rackeback, but one day will learn how to better play.

Another thing that is enticing me to get better and a better roll is Emanuelc's course. I'm liking it (If you read this Emanuel, as soon as i am on nl10 max and enough roll, youll be having a pm :f_biggrin: ) and think it will make me a better 6max player.
      My FR game improved since I started 6max as my HJ,CO,BU opening ranges opened a bit although keeping in mind that FR plays nittierand I have noticed my stats going up by session.
      Still on nl2 there is a lot of money to be made with 250 bbs play

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)

Known players:
      CO:
      $5.03
      BU:
      $1.56
      SB (Hero):
      $5.00
      BB:
      $0.83
      MP1:
      $5.03
      MP2:
      $0.93
      MP3:
      $2.74

Preflop: Hero is SB with 3, 3.
      MP1 folds, MP2 calls $0.02, MP3 folds, CO raises to $0.10, BU folds, Hero calls $0.09, 2 folds, MP2 folds.

Flop: ($0.24) 3, 6, 2 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.10, Hero raises to $0.61, CO calls $0.51.

Turn: ($1.46) T (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.41, CO calls $1.41.

River: ($4.28) K (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.88(All-In), CO calls $2.88.

Final Pot: $10.04.
      Results follow:

Hero shows three of a kind, threes(3 3).
      CO shows a pair of kings(A K).

Hero wins with three of a kind, threes(3 3).

On a personal note, just got a new job which hopefully will give me less working hours and this will allow me to spend more time with mrs peddy and concentrate more on poker.
      Will try to update in the end of the month with graphs and stats
      Run good
      ATB
      Peddy
    • peddy53
      peddy53
      Bronze
      Poker wise not doing too bad at 6max still at nl4 but still learning some of the dynamics. one thing I have written is never call any river shove (I wonder why) unless you have the nuts :f_biggrin:
      I am still playing bad and god knows how I am winning. Yesterday I sucked out really bad and shouldve snap folded. Poor reg he left the table afterwards.
      In the long run I am going to lose money so really need to be on the ball or my 6max experience is going to get my BR to zero. The good thing is there are players, including regs that do bigger mistakes than me but as soon as I move up the stakes I will be absolutely raped if I dont sort myself out.

So went to service my car today as next month I am driving to Portugal. It's carnaval month so using last years holiday and having a good time with friends and family for 2 weeks is going to be great.

Anyway while I was waiting, I decided to walk around the city, my bollocks were frozen as it was bloody cold and ended up in pc world ( a computer store.) And saw this beautiful monitor, led , 22 inch, I was in love :f_love: , and i had to buy it.
      The problem was I forgot that I still had to walk like 2 hours with the box under my arm. :f_mad:
      Not only I was cold now but with a bloody arm ache of carrying this bloody thing

But it was worth it

[img][img]http://s2.postimage.org/fkpzjrmll/new_setup.jpg[/img] photo sharing websites[/img]