This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] nl10 sh J5o BB

• noulispa
      noulispa
      Bronze
      CO: $8.34 (83.4 bb)
      Hero (BTN): $11.37 (113.7 bb)
      SB: $12.23 (122.3 bb)
      BB: $10.06 (100.6 bb)
      UTG: $14.64 (146.4 bb)
      MP: $15.55 (155.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with J:diamond: 5:spade:
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.30, SB folds, BB calls $0.20

Flop: ($0.65) 6:spade: 9:spade: K:club: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.35, BB calls $0.35

Turn: ($1.35) 8:spade: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks

River: ($1.35) 7:spade: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.90, BB raises to $9.41 and is all-in, Hero calls $8.51

the opp seems like a weak reg 23/14/agg 1.6/WTSD 24/W$SD 55/hands 775

on the ch/raise on the river i know that he is preetty strong and as he played i would fold the A high flus but now with our str8 flus can we fold ? even though his hand looks preetty strong ?
  • 4 replies
    • CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      I'm NEVER folding a straight flush on river, it would be a bit nitty. If he beats you, I'd say it's quite rare, he would do that move with Aspades at least.

By the way, why do you steal with J5o? I think I would fold it, as it rarely improves post-flop the way we could play for big pots.
    • noulispa
      noulispa
      Bronze
      Originally posted by CPallo
      I'm NEVER folding a straight flush on river, it would be a bit nitty. If he beats you, I'd say it's quite rare, he would do that move with Aspades at least.

By the way, why do you steal with J5o? I think I would fold it, as it rarely improves post-flop the way we could play for big pots.

Yea i thought the same that i can fold cause he probably might got the A high flush but i think he could raise not insta ship it. Btw he got the higher str8 which is ok i think..

I steal preetty wide on the button against big stacks cause there are preetty passive pre and post flop and usually u win the pot with your cbet. I just fold the nut trash 72,82,83..
    • CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      Stealing with nearly any 2 is fine then, if opponents really are nitty :)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello noulispa,

Preflop: Recommend taking a look at those charts, might give you more idea what to steal with: link.

As played
      Postflop: Well, you have to ask here if he would raise just A this way? His W$SD is pretty high which indicates he might not even overplay those hands. Aka raises but mainly smaller cause clearly any 5/T has him beat. Whilst haven't invested much into the pot I'd really ask if I am going to be often ahead here. ;) Might even make a crying fold. Cause you really have to Call almost a full stack.

Best Regards.