CO: $8.34 (83.4 bb)
      Hero (BTN): $11.37 (113.7 bb)
      SB: $12.23 (122.3 bb)
      BB: $10.06 (100.6 bb)
      UTG: $14.64 (146.4 bb)
      MP: $15.55 (155.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with J:diamond: 5:spade:
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.30, SB folds, BB calls $0.20

Flop: ($0.65) 6:spade: 9:spade: K:club: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.35, BB calls $0.35

Turn: ($1.35) 8:spade: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks

River: ($1.35) 7:spade: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.90, BB raises to $9.41 and is all-in, Hero calls $8.51

the opp seems like a weak reg 23/14/agg 1.6/WTSD 24/W$SD 55/hands 775

on the ch/raise on the river i know that he is preetty strong and as he played i would fold the A high flus but now with our str8 flus can we fold ? even though his hand looks preetty strong ?
  • 4 replies
    • CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      I'm NEVER folding a straight flush on river, it would be a bit nitty. If he beats you, I'd say it's quite rare, he would do that move with Aspades at least.

By the way, why do you steal with J5o? I think I would fold it, as it rarely improves post-flop the way we could play for big pots.
    • noulispa
      noulispa
      Bronze
      Originally posted by CPallo
      I'm NEVER folding a straight flush on river, it would be a bit nitty. If he beats you, I'd say it's quite rare, he would do that move with Aspades at least.

By the way, why do you steal with J5o? I think I would fold it, as it rarely improves post-flop the way we could play for big pots.

Yea i thought the same that i can fold cause he probably might got the A high flush but i think he could raise not insta ship it. Btw he got the higher str8 which is ok i think..

I steal preetty wide on the button against big stacks cause there are preetty passive pre and post flop and usually u win the pot with your cbet. I just fold the nut trash 72,82,83..
    • CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      Stealing with nearly any 2 is fine then, if opponents really are nitty :)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello noulispa,

Preflop: Recommend taking a look at those charts, might give you more idea what to steal with: link.

As played
      Postflop: Well, you have to ask here if he would raise just A this way? His W$SD is pretty high which indicates he might not even overplay those hands. Aka raises but mainly smaller cause clearly any 5/T has him beat. Whilst haven't invested much into the pot I'd really ask if I am going to be often ahead here. ;) Might even make a crying fold. Cause you really have to Call almost a full stack.

Best Regards.