[NL20-NL50] NL25: QT bad turn donkbet?

Bronze
      Poker Stars $25.00 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players - View hand 1974999
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

UTG: $25.00 - VPIP: 47, PFR: 41, 3B: 14, AF: 0,0, Hands: 17
      CO: $12.51 - VPIP: 48, PFR: 24, 3B: 18, AF: 6,0, Hands: 33
      BTN: $18.75 - VPIP: 26, PFR: 17, 3B: 7, AF: 2,5, cBetFlop: 100(3), cBetTurn: 100(1), Hands: 70
      SB: $24.32 - VPIP: 20, PFR: 11, 3B: 3, AF: 0,8, Hands: 85
      Hero (BB): $28.03 - VPIP: 21, PFR: 18, 3B: 5, AF: 4,8, Hands: 90087

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is BB with T :diamond: Q :diamond:
      2 folds, BTN raises to $0.50, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.25

Flop: ($1.10) 7 :diamond: 2 :club: T :heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $0.73, Hero calls $0.73

Turn: ($2.56) 4 :spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.50, BTN folds

I don't like my turn donkbet. There are just too few worse hands that can call.
      I should have just checked the turn and then decide whether I can call or not if he bets (it would be a difficult decision for me given the lack of information though)
  • 5 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Avatars91,

He likes to barrel so let him do that, we have very good equity and we ain't going to get value from weaker hands unless it's some PP.

Best Regards.
      Bronze
      He likes to barrel so let him do that

Does he? We basically have no sample size to make this statement.

I mean, sure, I should have checked, but can we not find a fold if he 2nd barrels even on this dry turn card?
      I just see myself having to make a pretty difficult decision on most river cards if he decides to bet again.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Avatars91
      He likes to barrel so let him do that

Does he? We basically have no sample size to make this statement.

I mean, sure, I should have checked, but can we not find a fold if he 2nd barrels even on this dry turn card?
      I just see myself having to make a pretty difficult decision on most river cards if he decides to bet again.
      Well, why do you point that out then? If I assume you pointing out those stats then it means you expecting him to barrel very often. Then just say that you don't know about his barreling tendency. What's the purpose of pointing them out then?
      Bronze
      Well, why do you point that out then? If I assume you pointing out those stats then it means you expecting him to barrel very often. Then just say that you don't know about his barreling tendency. What's the purpose of pointing them out then?

True, they are not of much help and might in fact just be confusing. For that I apologize. Just thought that any sample is better than no sample and it still might be at least some sort of an indication of how the opponent plays.

1) So we should basically ignore such stats without a reliable sample size?
      2) Since we don't know anything about our opponent's 2nd barrel tendencies, may we check/call this flop and just check/fold the turn? A safe line it would seem.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Avatars91

True, they are not of much help and might in fact just be confusing. For that I apologize. Just thought that any sample is better than no sample and it still might be at least some sort of an indication of how the opponent plays.

1) So we should basically ignore such stats without a reliable sample size?
      2) Since we don't know anything about our opponent's 2nd barrel tendencies, may we check/call this flop and just check/fold the turn? A safe line it would seem.
      Nobody was talking about Check/Folding the turn. Rather Checking and reevaluating his Bet size and line. :) We are still able to catch his hands there and even if he Checks he may level himself on the river to make hero-calldowns.