[NL2-NL10] nl10 sh AK on SB with lots of dead money

• peddy53
      peddy53
      Bronze
      Hi

Was a bit unsure about the hand. No big reads as it was anonym tables the only thing is button seemed like a reg

Prima, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

MP: $18.33 (183.3 bb)
      CO: $2.78 (27.8 bb)
      BTN: $10 (100 bb)
      Hero (SB): $10.45 (104.5 bb)
      BB: $11.16 (111.6 bb)
      UTG: $22.60 (226 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K A
      UTG calls $0.10, MP raises to $0.50, CO calls $0.50, BTN raises to $2.10, Hero ???

My thought process
      Button as I said before seemed like a reg, might be squezzing in position
      If I call there might be more callers and then im multiway on a bloated pot
      If I 4bet and there is callers still bloated pot OOP, might not hit and have to shove flop with 2 high cards
      If I shove I'm only called by better and all worse hands and a few pocket pair fold.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance
  • 3 replies
    • CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      Hello,

In this case you actually have 2 options: 4-bet shove or fold. You can't flat call it, as some of the earlier players might shove and you would have to call it anyway. And we are just 100bb deep. If buttons likes to squeeze you could jam it in, as you are most likely ahead of his range.
    • yougotfelted51
      yougotfelted51
      Bronze
      4bet or fold.
      i think btn's stacking off range will be wider than normal due to the nature of the hand. utg limps, mp isos, which he could be doing wide, co simply flats, so it looks like a great spot for a squeeze. and he most likely knows this, and can level himself into worse calls thinking that you know that he knows this.

i guess if you don't care about variance i would shove, but if losing a stack tilts you then just fold and move on
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello peddy53,

Welcome to the English NL Hand Evaluation Forum! Hopefully we will see more hands from you in the future. I hope that with our help you can improve your play and as well move up the limits. We will be waiting for the next hands and till that good luck on tables!

Calling is out of question here. You just wont end up with profit. With something like KK/AA you can trap, though not your hand. Therefore either we ship it or just fold it, if we assume his 3betting range is rather tighter then folding is the best.

Best Regards.