losing need help

• flypoker001
      flypoker001
      Basic
      ok i deposited $90 dollars,
      i started playing 3 dollar sit and goes 20 seat nitros, i managed to build my stack to $170.
      then started playing multi cash tables and came down to $10.

what do you recommend to play:
      sit and go $1.10 or $3 as i was before?
      or play $0.60 sit and go??
      or just play normal 6 handed turbo tournaments?
  • 8 replies
    • pucilpet
      pucilpet
      Bronze
      Multi table tournaments have a huge variance - especially if you are playing turbos at Stars with a micro buy in.

I'd recommend to have atleast 300-500 buyins in your bankroll before playing those seriously.

With a $10 bankroll you'd be best off playing those 0,60 dollar sit n gos (one table). For two table sng I think your $10 BR is a bit too small.
    • abhi147
      abhi147
      Bronze
      if you plan to play sit n gos
      i suggest you move to pokerstars from 888
      As you have done well i sit and goes and if you really like them then i suggest sticking with it

Read all articles on PS and also watch videos especially by lessthanthree. Attend some coaching sessions

Deposit and start playing on stars
    • flypoker001
      flypoker001
      Basic
      yeah 888 is such a bump on rivers.

and i have just built my stack to $25 from 0.60 sit and goes.

i love cash games, but im so bad at them. i really need to improve on my cash games
    • arthurbentley
      arthurbentley
      Silver
      At what stakes did you play cash game? Did you follow good bankroll management? Best sticking at 2NL until you master it to be honest, and not before you have 25 buy-ins at least.

You must be an okay player to build it up in the first place. Stick to sngs if that is your strong game. Practice cash game at 2NL until you master it.

Just looked at your profile. In it you say you played cash game at 50NL and 100NL. You had just over three full buy-ins at 50NL. Not nearly enough!!!

Problem solved! You need to read up on bankroll management. Here is a suggestion:

2NL
      25 buy-ins

5NL
      30 buy-ins

10NL
      40 buy ins

25NL
      50 buy-ins

50NL
      60 buy-ins
    • FVM8973
      FVM8973
      Bronze
      This is not the first thread you open asking for help. Stop opening threads about the same thing, read what people have already told you and start working.

Your poker is not going to improve at least you study very hard, and it's going to take months before you see good results.

Start reading about BANKROLL MANAGMENT and then whatever you want about strategy.

If you just feel you don't need to read or watching videos or you don't like to do it, then consider this:

POKER IS NOT FOR YOU!!!

I read you have already lost enogh money playing poker, this is because you played in limits where your skills were not ready to play; and there won't be any change at least you follow all advices. So start working.
    • Asaban
      Asaban
      Hi flypoker,

I already gave you a bunch of advice in your last thread so I won't go into detail on things that I already explained. Feel free to add further questions in your last thread if you didn't understand everything.

Most important thing for you is to follow bankroll management. Furthermore I wouldn't recommend playing tournaments with a BR of 10$. To play 1$ MTT's your BR should be at 300$ or more.

SNG's should be the better choice for the moment.

Regards,
      Asaban
    • flypoker001
      flypoker001
      Basic
      thank u all,
      i have attempted to use your advices, my problem is that once i reach a certain point in a tournament or cash game i just start making stupid calls and raises. which i think is more of a psychological problem. lol i will stop making help threads i apologise
    • Asaban
      Asaban
      Well - it's no problem if you have further questions. But you should use the existing thread instead.

If you have problems with tilt thats a psychological problem for sure. You will need to work on this :)

Regards,
      Asaban