[NL20-NL50] nl25sh - k6s

• 9 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Farmarchist,

Why would you isolate here? Explain me the reason behind it? That will answer you what to do. :P

Best Regards.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello Farmarchist,

Why would you isolate here? Explain me the reason behind it? That will answer you what to do. :P

Best Regards.
      Well I don't know what is true about it but lnternet wrote he is isolating reallllly loose, even OOP cause you always want to play vs fish... So don't know :P

Or can we limp?
    • prevolsek
      prevolsek
      Silver
      Since you don't have any stats you have to asume that he is an average fish, meaning that he should be passive in most cases and you defiitely want to raise against this kind of opponent. Your hand has got good equity against his limping range probablly, it's also suited. He will often call your PF raise just to fold to your cbet on the flop.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Farmarchist
      Hello Farmarchist,

Best Regards.
      Well I don't know what is true about it but lnternet wrote he is isolating reallllly loose, even OOP cause you always want to play vs fish... So don't know :P

Or can we limp?
      If lnternet would tell you to jump of the bridge, would you do that? :D

It's not about either we should always isolate here or not. We first have to understand the factor of what our edge on the opponent, from what does come the money from if we do isolate. Do we expect to isolate for value? Do we expect to have fold equity postflop? What's our understanding of postflop play? Do you equal your skills to lnternet? Just cause he says to do that doesn't mean we should always do that.

First we must realize what's gonna be the best line for us. Folding obviously is way too weak here cause the hand is too strong to do that. Therefore we clearly pick either isolation or we complete the hand. That depends mainly on your skill and what do you feel being the best option vs exact this opponent. :)

And as said above "He will often call your PF raise just to fold to your cbet on the flop.", I TOTALLY disagree on that part, rather the opposite.
    • prevolsek
      prevolsek
      Silver

And as said above "He will often call your PF raise just to fold to your cbet on the flop.", I TOTALLY disagree on that part, rather the opposite.
      Can you please explain why?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by prevolsek

Could you please read my signature, I don't want to be bitchy but that's how PokerStrategy developed the system, can't do much. "Advice the judge to take a look again" button is the secret for me going to answer you.
    • prevolsek
      prevolsek
      Silver
      Ok I will do that from now on, no need to apologize I'm very thankful that you're helping me and everyone else in here. :f_thumbsup:
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Clear as always !! :f_love:
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by prevolsek

The problem is that if he is a limper then he is also very likely a bad player which equals to the part where he is also being loose postflop. Especially with any draw/pair and maybe even high cards. We are also going to be OOP.

Though isolating is nothing wrong, we just have to understand what's the meaning behind it and what are we heading for. Just complaining that the hand is too nice isn't a reason to isolate. :D