IPoker, $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players

BB: $1.15 (23 bb)
      UTG: $4.81 (96.2 bb)
      MP: $6.30 (126 bb)
      Hero (CO): $10.42 (208.4 bb)
      BTN: $14.30 (286 bb)
      SB: $9.86 (197.2 bb)

Preflop: Hero is CO with T A
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.15, BTN raises to $0.45, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.90, BTN folds

At the time I played this, I had no stats, since HM2 doesn't keep up on iPoker speed tables. Afterwards, I looked up villain, and found he is playing
      17/14/30/5 (v/p/3/af) 29H
      I had noted though, that the last 3 times this player was on my left he 3Bet me.
      I'm opening about 28% from the CO.
      As far as I know, this is the first time I have not folded to his 3Bet

In the past, I have never 4Bet this loosely, AQ+ and jj+ maybe.

Questions:
      Considering we're both quite deep, is this 4Bet big enough?
      Would calling be the better choice?
      I decided not to call since I would then be OOP w/o initiative. This way gives him chance to fold, and if he just calls, at least I have initiative post flop.

It is not possible to take notes on players in iPoker speed tables, so I just write the names on paper when they give me resistance.
  • 4 replies
    • yougotfelted51
      yougotfelted51
      Bronze
      i would 4bet a bit bigger considering we are oop, to around 1 or 1.05.
      i don't think flatting is the best option as we will be oop vs possible multiple barrels, and a decent amount of the time we hit an Ace we are dominated.

what ipoker skin are you on? my hud (HEM2) works on titan speed poker, but not on betfred...
    • CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      Hello,

4-betting or folding are our choices. If opponent 3-bets that light we can't just call, usually we totally miss the flop and we have to C/F and it's not profitable in long run.
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Originally posted by yougotfelted51
      what ipoker skin are you on? my hud (HEM2) works on titan speed poker, but not on betfred...
      Thanks for comments.

I play on 770.
      The HUD displays, but it is showing who sat in that seat several hands ago.
      The funny part is I played winning poker for a week basing my decisions on the displayed stats before I noticed.

Now I just take notes on paper if I get resistance.
      I also make judgements based on stack size.

Another thing I forgot to mention is that I'm stealing v wide, which might have caused this guy to start 3Betting me a lot.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello VorpalF2F,

4betting is fine if we assume he is also 3betting light. Though the sizing is really bad, you are just inviting new bluffs cause you would rarely do such a sizing with strong hands and also give good odds. At least 2,5 and maybe even stronger.

Calling OOP would be way too bad cause our hand is way too often dominated. Will have tough time postflop playing the hand profitable.

Best Regards.