BB: $6.86 - VPIP: 24, PFR: 22, 3B: 5, AF: 12.0, Hands: 134
      UTG: $6.39 - VPIP: 31, PFR: 26, 3B: 19, AF: 2.4, Hands: 626
      MP: $4.00 - VPIP: 3, PFR: 3, 3B: 0, AF: NaN, Hands: 29
      CO: $7.69 - VPIP: 26, PFR: 21, 3B: 4, AF: 2.9, Hands: 795
      Hero (BTN): $4.00 - VPIP: 20, PFR: 18, 3B: 6, AF: 4.7, Hands: 25964
      SB: $4.44 - VPIP: 20, PFR: 16, 3B: 2, AF: 3.2, Hands: 879

Pre Flop: ($0.06) Hero is BTN with A:heart: 6:diamond:
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.12, SB calls $0.10, 1 fold

Flop: ($0.28) 8:club: 9:club: T:spade: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($0.28) A:diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets $0.20, Hero?

Not really sure what to do on the turn. Call and re-evaluate river? He could be leading with worse Ax, FD`s, OESD. If he`s not leading with draws, I`m crushed by his range.
  • 5 replies
    • CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      Hellow

First of all, you cbet that board, there could be worse hands, there could be draws and you need protection. You could even make some random 8x hand to fold there.

On turn his donk might mean that he's representing that he has an ace, so I might call that one bet (depends on how aggressive he has been on turns). I'd reevaluate the situation on river.
    • dienaszaglis
      dienaszaglis
      Bronze
      C-betting is a bad idea. His calling range hits very often on this board. Sure, sometimes he`ll fold, but most of the times I`ll be losing money. Also, I don`t have that much equity to 2-barrel...
    • CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      Check his fold to cbet stats. That board might or not hit his range, but you have to go quite blind there if he starts to bet and you hit. Usually cbet here is fine, because you could be hitting there well, too.
    • redrawstump
      redrawstump
      Bronze
      Hi. This is the first hand I've commented on so not sure if my thoughts are reliable...

So you have a fair amount of data on villain which means vice-versa. You have an aggro factor of 4.7 which means he's probably expecting a cbet from you. He doesn't donk but could easily be playing check-raise on the flop. The board is very wet so he's either already there or has many outs. Your gut shot gives you the arse-end of the straight so there's probably reverse implied odds if you hit. I think you're only beating a bluff on the turn. I don't think it makes sense to try and bluff at the ace considering the board, and if he hit the ace + has a draw then you're probably already way behind. If you call the turn what is going to happen on the river? You're gonna have the same decision again, esp if flush draw misses. So I'd fold and wait for a better spot to punish his bluffs.

I'd be inclined to check behind flop, fold turn. Good example of why calling flop with suited connectors is not good from SB as he gets no action if he has hit!
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello dienaszaglis,

I like your idea not CBetting this board. Not the best to do whilst too many hands there. Though on the turn it's trouble-some whilst he also bets stronger. So we can't be sure even how good we do. Though whilst he may still bet even with weaker draws/pairs this way I'd end up calling once and reevaluating the river.

Best Regards.