Beginner To Professional Blueprint.

• Lagtarderini
      I come here with the soul intention of becoming a professional poker player from nothing.

Is that possible using poker strategy? Well, Only time will tell I guess.

The purpose of this blog is to make this happen, to actually see if someone is able to dive straight into poker strategy with only the rules in his locker, and become a professional player.

Hopefully, this thread can become a blueprint for others in the future. So please get involved, comment, subscribe and follow this journey with me.

I have literally just joined, with no bankroll whatsoever. I passed the poker strategy quiz and I'm now awaiting $10 free cash in William Hill.

I'm a bit daunted by this to be honest. To cut a long story short I was a very bad player years ago and completely quit poker all together. But I've decided to come back and put everything to the back of my mind and forget everything, and finally do this.

So what I need is a plan.

Where do I start? Do I begin my career playing cash, SNG's, MTT's?

Only knowing the rules, Where do I begin to learn to become a poker player with no knowledge?

So please comment below with your thoughts, opinions, suggestions! Thanks.
  • 2 replies
    • Saren113
      My first tip would be to start with a solid bankroll 50$ and never ever break BRM, always do your best when playing poker, try hard to get better. Learn handreading as soon as possible. Don't overplay AcAd on TsJh9h.
    • Farmarchist
      Hey man,

Very optimistic plans ofcourse but with the right mindset and a lot of work put into it, it might come true... You never know :D . Well, in any case I wish you the best of luck!

First important lesson: Bankroll Management. If you play NL10 with for example a 75$ roll then you will be broke at one point. Variance happens and yes it can be a bitch so prepare for it. For cashgame I advise you to play limits where you have at least 25 buyins for. For tourneys I advise 100 buyins. So with the $10 I think it is best to play some NL2 cashgame or play the cheapiest SnG's.

I also think that you should choose a main game cause these days you really need to specialize you in something and to learn 1 of the 3 pokergames you have to put in a lot of hours. So I would choose 1 of the 3 variants and stick to it. You should choose something that you really like to play thought don't forget to calculate things like variance. Is your mindset really bad? You tilt quickly? Then it's better to opt for FR cashgame... Less swings. In tournaments there is the most variance. Myself I'm a 6max cashgame player and I enjoy it a lot. More dynamics, more poker than in FR poker and ofcourse larger stacksizes than in MTT/SnG's so there is more space to make moves.

Edit: I advise you to post as many hands as possible in the handjudgesection. This is a section of the forum where some professional coaches give you advise/tips after you post a specific hand where you have problems with. It's really helpfull, probably the most learnfull section on PokerStrategy :)

Anyways I'll take a look in your blog now and then. A solid first post by the way ;)

Best of luck! :f_grin: