Windows 8, pro cons ? poker compatibility ?

• spaznRNMD
      spaznRNMD
      Basic
      Hey

I'm running a computer on 7 and like it quite a lot after a few fixes but I wouldnt mind a change. I've seen blogs about how to make 8 looks like 7 (with a start menu and so on) but now i wonder about poker software compatibility

any of you guys made the jump?
  • 12 replies
    • One12ver
      One12ver
      Bronze
      Only Problem sofar is with FTP, but I have had problems on Vista and 7 with FTP Software. Other than this Stars,ipoker,party,888 and HEM work fine on 8. Other than the Metro Screen and the new side bar, W8 will be like 7.

Question: why would you download 8 if you want it to look like 7 and not use the Metro Screen?
    • bigdwong
      bigdwong
      Bronze
      is windows 8 more stable? i have problems with my computer running on windows 7 crashing all the time and i'm thinking an OS update may help that
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      I've had a quick look at it; It looks shocking.

Using it on a tablet/touchscreen? Sure, go for it. Everyday use, no thanks.
      It Doesn't look very user friendly at all. I've watched a few reviews on YouTube and the cons heavily outway the pros.

If you're thinking of buying it I'd highly recommend watching a few reviews on it first.
    • pucilpet
      pucilpet
      Bronze
      I'm currently running Windows 8 on my computer. Matt: I think you've seen the new start menu / applications but if you prefer you can use the traditional "Desktop" from Windows 7.

Actually it's pretty much the same than Windows 7 apart from the new start screen and the missing start menu.

Pokerstars client & Pokertracker 4 work fine. There's a release preview you can download and test. You can also make it multi-bootable with Windows 7. Just google for instructions if you're interested.
    • spaznRNMD
      spaznRNMD
      Basic
      Im interested in 8 because anyway i had to make 7 look like XP.

Xp was my all time favorite tho 7 is super stable.

If i install 8 im gonna try to make it look like XP again

Why am i thinking about 8? i need a change of atmosphere. I sit in front of my comp every day. So for the past 3 years i had 7 now i want a change

its like going for a blonde instead of a brunette !

Besides ive heard it was more fast less laggy than 7

I still have lags on win7 with my i7 because of firefox. Maybe its firefox i should
    • pucilpet
      pucilpet
      Bronze
      Originally posted by spaznRNMD

When you go for a blonde, there's no turning back... :s_biggrin:
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by spaznRNMD
      Im interested in 8 because anyway i had to make 7 look like XP.

Xp was my all time favorite tho 7 is super stable.

If i install 8 im gonna try to make it look like XP again

Why am i thinking about 8? i need a change of atmosphere. I sit in front of my comp every day. So for the past 3 years i had 7 now i want a change

I still have lags on win7 with my i7 because of firefox. Maybe its firefox i should
      There is a big difference though. Windows 7 and XP are totally different. Windows 8 is basically Windows 7 + the windows RT layer made for the metro apps etc. So if you want to make look like windows 7 you can (just dont use the windows RT layer) but all you have is windows 7 in the end :)
    • spaznRNMD
      spaznRNMD
      Basic
      @thazar ive never went for a blonde, its one of my fantasy :(

@all, the more i think of it the more i think i need a fresh install. i've installed plenty of shit on my OS and even with Revo uninstaller pro its still laggy sometimes... especially when i surf on the web.

what's the fastest web browser out there? i heard about opera
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      IMO chrome > all but that's just me :P
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      Originally posted by thazar
    • pucilpet
      pucilpet
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MattDenness
      [/quote]+1

I used to use Firefox but then I downloaded Chrome and I'm really loving it.

Here's a test showing that Firefox is the best in terms of speed, though:

http://lifehacker.com/5917714/browser-speed-tests-chrome-19-firefox-13-internet-explorer-9-and-opera-1164
    • MrPoker187
      MrPoker187
      Bronze
      Try Avant browser!