This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Windows 8, pro cons ? poker compatibility ?

• spaznRNMD
      spaznRNMD
      Basic
      Hey

I'm running a computer on 7 and like it quite a lot after a few fixes but I wouldnt mind a change. I've seen blogs about how to make 8 looks like 7 (with a start menu and so on) but now i wonder about poker software compatibility

any of you guys made the jump?
  • 12 replies
    • One12ver
      One12ver
      Bronze
      Only Problem sofar is with FTP, but I have had problems on Vista and 7 with FTP Software. Other than this Stars,ipoker,party,888 and HEM work fine on 8. Other than the Metro Screen and the new side bar, W8 will be like 7.

Question: why would you download 8 if you want it to look like 7 and not use the Metro Screen?
    • bigdwong
      bigdwong
      Bronze
      is windows 8 more stable? i have problems with my computer running on windows 7 crashing all the time and i'm thinking an OS update may help that
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      I've had a quick look at it; It looks shocking.

Using it on a tablet/touchscreen? Sure, go for it. Everyday use, no thanks.
      It Doesn't look very user friendly at all. I've watched a few reviews on YouTube and the cons heavily outway the pros.

If you're thinking of buying it I'd highly recommend watching a few reviews on it first.
    • pucilpet
      pucilpet
      Bronze
      I'm currently running Windows 8 on my computer. Matt: I think you've seen the new start menu / applications but if you prefer you can use the traditional "Desktop" from Windows 7.

Actually it's pretty much the same than Windows 7 apart from the new start screen and the missing start menu.

Pokerstars client & Pokertracker 4 work fine. There's a release preview you can download and test. You can also make it multi-bootable with Windows 7. Just google for instructions if you're interested.
    • spaznRNMD
      spaznRNMD
      Basic
      Im interested in 8 because anyway i had to make 7 look like XP.

Xp was my all time favorite tho 7 is super stable.

If i install 8 im gonna try to make it look like XP again

Why am i thinking about 8? i need a change of atmosphere. I sit in front of my comp every day. So for the past 3 years i had 7 now i want a change

its like going for a blonde instead of a brunette !

Besides ive heard it was more fast less laggy than 7

I still have lags on win7 with my i7 because of firefox. Maybe its firefox i should
    • pucilpet
      pucilpet
      Bronze
      Originally posted by spaznRNMD

When you go for a blonde, there's no turning back... :s_biggrin:
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by spaznRNMD
      Im interested in 8 because anyway i had to make 7 look like XP.

Xp was my all time favorite tho 7 is super stable.

If i install 8 im gonna try to make it look like XP again

Why am i thinking about 8? i need a change of atmosphere. I sit in front of my comp every day. So for the past 3 years i had 7 now i want a change

I still have lags on win7 with my i7 because of firefox. Maybe its firefox i should
      There is a big difference though. Windows 7 and XP are totally different. Windows 8 is basically Windows 7 + the windows RT layer made for the metro apps etc. So if you want to make look like windows 7 you can (just dont use the windows RT layer) but all you have is windows 7 in the end :)
    • spaznRNMD
      spaznRNMD
      Basic
      @thazar ive never went for a blonde, its one of my fantasy :(

@all, the more i think of it the more i think i need a fresh install. i've installed plenty of shit on my OS and even with Revo uninstaller pro its still laggy sometimes... especially when i surf on the web.

what's the fastest web browser out there? i heard about opera
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      IMO chrome > all but that's just me :P
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      Originally posted by thazar
    • pucilpet
      pucilpet
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MattDenness
      [/quote]+1

I used to use Firefox but then I downloaded Chrome and I'm really loving it.

Here's a test showing that Firefox is the best in terms of speed, though:

http://lifehacker.com/5917714/browser-speed-tests-chrome-19-firefox-13-internet-explorer-9-and-opera-1164
    • MrPoker187
      MrPoker187
      Bronze
      Try Avant browser!