[NL20-NL50] nl25sh - AQ 3bet pot OOP vs fish.

• Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Hey,

2 questions:

Preflop -> I don't really see what's the best option. Ofcourse we can 3bet for value BUT 1) we scare the other fish away and 2) we can't go 3bet/broke. 3) It will be hard to play when we miss... Well for me, cause I don't know what to do. We can't bluff him postflop so check/fold seems best thought he will miss boards a lot! Please help me and give your thoughts about preflop.

Flop -> What I told in the preflopstory happens. I can't really bet for value so I check/fold. His callingrange is also missing this board a lot so maybe we should CB as a bluff? But then again he isn't fold PP's to 1 barrel so we should bluff flop&turn which is expensive.

Poker Stars $25.00 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 1979063
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

SB: $25.00 - VPIP: 31, PFR: 23, 3B: 20, AF: 0.0, Hands: 13
      Hero (BB): $25.00 - VPIP: 17, PFR: 14, 3B: 6, AF: 3.6, Hands: 527207
      UTG: $27.01 - VPIP: 17, PFR: 17, 3B: 0, AF: 4.0, Hands: 23
      MP: $25.31 - VPIP: 54, PFR: 18, 3B: 8, AF: 4.5, Hands: 28
      CO: $60.90 - VPIP: 20, PFR: 17, 3B: 9, AF: 5.0, Hands: 66
      BTN: $18.88 - VPIP: 36, PFR: 21, 3B: 0, AF: 0.8, Hands: 28

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is BB with Q :spade: A :heart:
      1 fold, MP calls $0.25, 1 fold, BTN raises to $0.75, 1 fold, Hero raises to $2.75, 1 fold, BTN calls $2

Flop: ($5.85) 6 :spade: 2 :diamond: K :heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN checks

Turn: ($5.85) 4 :heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $2.79, Hero folds
  • 4 replies
    • duder1n0
      duder1n0
      Gold
      Mostly I agree with you, flatting preflop would be better, we keep the huge fish in the pot this way, who could give us much more value.
      It's better than go into a marginal 3bet/fold oop, where we could also get into hard situations postflop.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Farmarchist,

Preflop: Both options are considerable if you think you are able to do it for value.
      Postflop: Though I'd still CB such a board whilst we should even have decent fold equity here vs his loose calling range.

Best Regards.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello Farmarchist,

Preflop: Both options are considerable if you think you are able to do it for value.
      Postflop: Though I'd still CB such a board whilst we should even have decent fold equity here vs his loose calling range.

Best Regards.
      Can you give a reasoning behind it please?

Preflop: Both are indeed considerable but what is best? Do you agree with my preflop story I wrote in my post? :)

Postflop: Is there a worse hand calling and a better folding? Do you plan to barrel? Why?

Ty!
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Preflop: Both are indeed considerable but what is best? Do you agree with my preflop story I wrote in my post?

It's really difficult to say that whilst not playing yourself on the table. If I'd be on the table I'd pay attention what kind of fish are we against and how we could extract the maximum value. Either by 3betting and taking him into bigger pot, or try to drag along the other guy. There is simply no DO THAT only and never will be. You have to start thinking on the tables and not play just straight forward. :P

Clearly if you are weak postflop then 3betting for value and taking the initiative is better for you. If you are strong postflop and especially being OOP vs both players we are rather doing that. That's also a huge factor on our game-plan.

Postflop: Is there a worse hand calling and a better folding? Do you plan to barrel? Why?

Well, you never know, what else do you hope to see then? What kind of board? QQQ? You can't hope only for it, cause clearly if we going for 3bet then we assuming he has a loose calling range. Aka we will also have decent fold equity against him and might even be ahead. Barreling is close cause his stack ain't full, we have to pick good the sizes for it. Assuming that he is checking behind very often PPs we will gain fold equity with it and also free card for the river most likely.