[NL20-NL50] nl25sh - AJ if...

• 4 replies
    • duder1n0
      duder1n0
      Gold
      If he'd have fullstack, I'd raise his donkbet on the flop. This way I'd consider calling.
      If he checks, I'd cbet.
    • Jehryn
      Jehryn
      Bronze
      Originally posted by pcfmcc02
      If he'd have fullstack, I'd raise his donkbet on the flop. This way I'd consider calling.
      If he checks, I'd cbet.
      Could you explain your line of reasoning more?

Personally I would be scared that the villain had a FD or at the very least hit the flop and that he's protecting against a FD (even though his bet is to small).

If I have zero info on the villain I would simply fold since I don't know where I am exactly in the hand.
    • duder1n0
      duder1n0
      Gold
      Originally posted by Jehryn
      Originally posted by pcfmcc02
      If he checks, I'd cbet.
      Could you explain your line of reasoning more?

Personally I would be scared that the villain had a FD or at the very least hit the flop and that he's protecting against a FD (even though his bet is to small).

If I have zero info on the villain I would simply fold since I don't know where I am exactly in the hand.
      Based on his stacksize, and flatting in this spot, he seems to be a fish, I dont think he knows what protecting means... :)

Against fullstack I'd raise, we have good equity, J/K/A could be outs, we are even ahead of his draws anyway. And if he donks with some mediocre hand to "find out where he stands" like T9s/88, he could even fold right away. But even if he calls, we see turn/river for that price most of the time.

In this hand he has only 10$, so we would commit too much of our effective stack with a raise, but I think we have enough equity on the flop for calling at least.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Farmarchist,

As he donks there is not much to do than fold the hand. Though if he Checks into us we are still able to Bet it and do it for FE + even have some equity in our hand.

Best Regards.